The return of the tk2....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
After a total rebuild at my local bike shop Webbs of Warmley (a bit thank you Simon) my Kinesis racelight tk2 is back and ready for commuting duties first thing Monday morning....I feel a long ride coming on....lovely is she not :smile:
tk2.jpg

Pauluk

nice :thumbsup:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Nice! I really want to get a custom made bike from them, have heard nothing but good things about them! Havent used them myself (except buying parts) but again, nothing but good things!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Nice! I really want to get a custom made bike from them, have heard nothing but good things about them! Havent used them myself (except buying parts) but again, nothing but good things!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
When I was in collecting my bike Simon from Webbs points out to me a gentleman who had just left the store....see that bloke he said...won 3 mountain stages years ago in Tour of Switzeland...the good and famous it would appear come to Webbs of Warmley^_^

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I have a TK2 in "cherry". Superb frame, nice and stiff. They make really good forks too. Its the kind of frame that needs some really nice mid-high end wheels imo, though I currently have Aksiums on mine. I will switch over to Hope hubbed wheels when the time is right.

DWM

Hi all

Sorry to drag up an old post.

I have just completed my first 2 days commuting from Bristol to Bath on my TK2. I bought a cheap rack (Tortec Velocity) and had difficulty fitting the arms to the seat stay mounts as the brake cable was slightly in the way. I managed it in the end but it isn't quite right and is a bit irritating!

Does anyone know what rack is fitted to the OP's bike? The bracket used looks much better as it goes up and avoids the brake before the horizontal section connecting to the rack.

I'm loving the commute so far - hopefully I'll be able to keep it up.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hi all

Sorry to drag up an old post.

I have just completed my first 2 days commuting from Bristol to Bath on my TK2. I bought a cheap rack (Tortec Velocity) and had difficulty fitting the arms to the seat stay mounts as the brake cable was slightly in the way. I managed it in the end but it isn't quite right and is a bit irritating!

Does anyone know what rack is fitted to the OP's bike? The bracket used looks much better as it goes up and avoids the brake before the horizontal section connecting to the rack.

I'm loving the commute so far - hopefully I'll be able to keep it up.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

With mine the bike mechancic took the arms to the seat stay and one was filed down slightly to allow a bit of space for the cable. Other racks sometimes use rods to the seat stays. I have a tortec touring rack that has these rods and they angled to allow enough space for most brakes to fit/operate fine

Top Bottom