Them and us.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Do you have different divisions at work who seem to get better perks? With London underground it is station staff and train staff. I am on a training course today which is taking place in a train depot. The lucky blighters have a canteen, pool table, and sky tv. On my station we have a water cooler. :biggrin:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
The London office get a bar and a pool table, we get the water cooler........

But our away day this year is to Laos, they get to go to Clacton or something...

Melvil

zimzum42 said:
The London office get a bar and a pool table, we get the water cooler........

But our away day this year is to Laos, they get to go to Clacton or something...

Lucky them!

Keith Oates

Janner
yorkshiregoth said:
Do you have different divisions at work who seem to get better perks? With London underground it is station staff and train staff. I am on a training course today which is taking place in a train depot. The lucky blighters have a canteen, pool table, and sky tv. On my station we have a water cooler. :rolleyes:

Yes, but they don't get to ride as much as you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walker

I think the only perks other office's get are more bank holidays that we get.
I think we get the best perks though, we get free beer every friday, and a night out once a month

gbb

Legendary Member
In my past life as a buyer, i used to get plenty of perks at christmas...bottles of wine and scotch mostly, perhaps 10 assorted bottles each year. Some i used to give to colleagues, some i'd put into charity raffles, some for me...:rolleyes:

The bosses....their haul made mine pale into insignificance ;). Then one year..a new dictat...all gifts must be handed in and distributed fairly. No problem...same rules for everyone.

But it wasnt....the rules were conveniently forgotten by them...and they merrily continued taking their haul...and so.....after a short time, so did i.

lead by example...certainly not sir...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
we have a swimming pool, a bistro (works canteen) and proper showers and changing rooms.

don't know about the other offices, but i envy the melbourne branch by virtue of its location.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Uncle Mort said:
I'm a trained first aider at work. I get one extra day's holiday a year and I have to go on a one day refresher course every twelve months to recusitate (sp?) a dummy. And I have an official armband. :blush:

I think thats a good perk ... I wish that my office had that one when I was the first aider, differenct job, now all my college's are basic first aiders. I can't think of any great perks but I enjoy my job.

gbb

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
I'm a trained first aider at work. I get one extra day's holiday a year and I have to go on a one day refresher course every twelve months to recusitate (sp?) a dummy. And I have an official armband. :blush:

I used to be a trained BA (Breathing Apparatus with the full chemical suit :biggrin:) wearer at my old job, days off training with the Fire Brigade, practices and occasional drills at work...funny, i never thought of it as a perk, but i suppose it was in a way.
Anything that takes you from the mundane is a perk i guess.

It was all fun until you had to do it to simulate real events..then its scary...can you remember the drill, the checks, the responsibility to each other, how much air have you got, can you find the dummy.....
Thank christ i didnt have to do it for real.

simonali

Guru
I once worked at a place where office staff got sick pay and factory staff didn't.

Also, when I worked briefly for Nestlé, just before they announced the closure of the factory and redundancy for everyone, a lot of the managers got promotions/pay rises so that their final payouts and pensions were bigger. The rest of us got naff all. I can't complain, though, as I was only there a year and got about 4.5 grand!

Top Bottom