Thigh Muscles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm afraid you need to ignore all advice here, there's only one authority on thighs and that's Davywalnuts. Until the 'god of thighs' has spoken we just can't know:biggrin:

jimboalee

MacB said:
I'm afraid you need to ignore all advice here, there's only one authority on thighs and that's Davywalnuts. Until the 'god of thighs' has spoken we just can't know:biggrin:

Is Davywalnuts the ex SAS PT instructor who rides a fixie around the Brecon Beacons?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
jimboalee said:
Is Davywalnuts the ex SAS PT instructor who rides a fixie around the Brecon Beacons?

Davy would only need one leg to do that, it's actually really hard for us mere mortals to even comprehend his greatness:biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
>>>>A good stretch and an ice bath immediatly after the ride would ease this.<<<

Once upon a time I would have a cold bath, but these days I just stand in the shower with it blasting cold water on my legs for about 10 mins after a long ride and when I get out I feel great. Just cannot be bothered sometimes though or I forget. It must be an age thing.

ASC1951

Guru
jimboalee said:
A good stretch ....
Probably as important as the rest together, IME. Unlike most sports, cycling doesn't fully extend the quads or hamstrings, so you can do huge amounts of exercise while they get progressively shorter and shorter.

I try to mix it up with swimming and running, but the older I get the more I find I have to do specific leg stretches as well.

Top Bottom