Things that make you put life into perspective

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu Smith

Veteran
Nope, the York Marathon in October.
She normally runs 60-70 miles a week.. 80 last week! Mental if you ask me.
Wow big running miles..Nearly as many as my weekly cycling miles..Runners are mental ask my wife..:whistle:

Arch

Married to Night Train
One of the reasons I never like to part from a friend or a loved one on bad terms, you never know what fate has lined up for you.

This. I'll always regret that my last communication with someone was a text that was, if not actually bad tempered, a little annoyed and short.

A friend of my Mum recently had some ill health (some mini strokes) and Mum was saying that when they spoke on the phone recently, the friend said over and over again "Tell your family how much you love them, now, while you can".

Glad your wife was ok Tony. Must have been very frightening. She might struggle a bit with flashbacks and stuff, be prepared for that sort of thing. And yourself - sometimes those who aren't directly involved can feel not only the 'what if', but a helplessness, that they couldn't have done anything to prevent it. Mum and I were out for a bike ride and I rode over a cattle grid and then slid off on a patch of gravel. She saw me go down, braked hard on the grid and went over the bars, breaking her wrist - I looked back to her (from the ground, to shout "I'm ok!") just as that happened. I felt awful for ages, and to this day, I can't ride over a grid anymore.

Only you two will know your best therapies, but whatever they are, indulge yourselves.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
This. I'll always regret that my last communication with someone was a text that was, if not actually bad tempered, a little annoyed and short.

A friend of my Mum recently had some ill health (some mini strokes) and Mum was saying that when they spoke on the phone recently, the friend said over and over again "Tell your family how much you love them, now, while you can".

Glad your wife was ok Tony. Must have been very frightening. She might struggle a bit with flashbacks and stuff, be prepared for that sort of thing. And yourself - sometimes those who aren't directly involved can feel not only the 'what if', but a helplessness, that they couldn't have done anything to prevent it. Mum and I were out for a bike ride and I rode over a cattle grid and then slid off on a patch of gravel. She saw me go down, braked hard on the grid and went over the bars, breaking her wrist - I looked back to her (from the ground, to shout "I'm ok!") just as that happened. I felt awful for ages, and to this day, I can't ride over a grid anymore.

Only you two will know your best therapies, but whatever they are, indulge yourselves.
Thanks Arch, your thoughts are appreciated as is your advice
T

Top Bottom