This Sunday - Stanmore (route needed)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu Plows

Coming soon: Bonking on a hill near you!
Hi all,

Planning on picking the Mrs up on Sunday in London as she is out down there on Saturday night. Thought I would use the free time to plonk the bike in the boot and go and do some different roads for a few hours, so I have nicely offered to pick her up on Sunday afternoon in the centre of London ;) Thought is, park at Stanmore as it is a £1 for the day and crack on for a few hours.

I have absolutely no clue where to go and what roads are good so was hoping someone may have a route they recommend? The more hills the better. Approx 40-75 miles. Alternatively, if anyone fancies coming out with me to show me some roads, I’d be more than happy with that. I tend to ride 16-17mph average over a 50 mile ride, terrain dependant.

Cheers,
Stu

Ps. Sorry if this isn’t the right thread.

vickster

Legendary Member
Any of those any good? Would need to add from stanmore

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Middlesex-Routes-91.html

L14M

Über Member
Hiya, stanmore is just down the road from me, a few ways you might want to consider is:
stanmore - watford - princess risbrough and back, I've ridden parts of these routes and they arn't bad. If i was of your fitness i would consider that. Should come to a good 70 - 80 miles too ;)
A road to avoid: A40 its more motorways than normal road.
Liam

L14M

Über Member
Just a small FYI Hayes is not the most scenic places of them all, or the safest!

L14M

Über Member
Hita not seen the full route as I'm on my phone but the uxbridge road is dire to cycle on. Your better off going down Breakspear road and through Ruislip. I'll check the rest later!

OP
OP
Stu Plows

Stu Plows

Coming soon: Bonking on a hill near you!
Hita not seen the full route as I'm on my phone but the uxbridge road is dire to cycle on. Your better off going down Breakspear road and through Ruislip. I'll check the rest later!
Thanks Liam, Do you mean the A404 part?

L14M

Über Member
Ok cool, hoping a Sunday will actually give me a little less traffic but understand. Thanks bud.
Yeah, sunday should be good. I'll be thinking of ya at 4000ft :smile: Tip.. If you go through ruslip highstreet pop into the S-works store ;)

Top Bottom