Thorn Mercury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T1PAU

10ykxgi.jpg
10ykxgi.jpg
[/IMG]
I

Perfect for my winter riding!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
very nice

betty swollocks

large member
Would like a closer look at the paintjob please.
What size chainring and why the red Rohloff....... I can understand that you wanted the hubs to match, but why red?
Rear disc brake and front cantis? Again, why?
Not criticisms, just curious. :smile:
Enjoy and happy riding.

OP
OP
T1PAU

T1PAU

Would like a closer look at the paintjob please.
What size chainring and why the red Rohloff....... I can understand that you wanted the hubs to match, but why red?
Rear disc brake and front cantis? Again, why?
Not criticisms, just curious. :smile:
Enjoy and happy riding.

Front chainring 50t rear sprocket 17t, although I'll probably change sprocket to 16t as I,m not using the lower gears and a little extra high gearing would be good.
No reason for the red hubs I just like them.
I bought this bike for my winter riding which mainly consists of hilly wet country lanes, I feel disc brakes are more reliable for this, the front calliper is a compromise as wanted to fit full mudguards, I,m very pleased with this set up.
ddwm9.jpg

betty swollocks

large member
Front chainring 50t rear sprocket 17t, although I'll probably change sprocket to 16t as I,m not using the lower gears and a little extra high gearing would be good.
No reason for the red hubs I just like them.
I bought this bike for my winter riding which mainly consists of hilly wet country lanes, I feel disc brakes are more reliable for this, the front calliper is a compromise as wanted to fit full mudguards, I,m very pleased with this set up.
ddwm9.jpg
Very nice: thank you.

Very nice. I have a heavy duty 26" Rohloff equipped tourer and was seriously considering getting a Rohloff Mercury as a fast tourer/audax bike but have decided on a more traditional 'classic' steed instead. Quite envious of yours though. Really hope you enjoy it.

Top Bottom