Those noisy quad bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
You know the ones...ridden menacingly on the roads by the social underclass.

Are they legal or do they get away with it because the police can't be arsed pursuing them in the streets?

JamesAC

You know the ones...ridden menacingly on the roads by the social underclass.

Are they legal or do they get away with it because the police can't be arsed pursuing them in the streets?

I think they're legal, if they're taxed and insured.

But yes, they are ridden by blokes who want to ride big motorbikes, but can't manage to balance.

no, you can get quad bikes for regular road use, not just farmer quads.

the basic rules are the same as motorbikes, you must be taxed, insured and have a bike license etc, the main difference is there is no legal requirement to wear a helmet.

as it is classed as a bike, number plate only needed on the rear

quads without a number plate are illegal but hard to catch as they are narrow enough to dive through woods / into fields to evade police vehicles.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
They're not classed as a motorbike if I remember right, you can ride them on a car licence only, but not on a motorbike licence only.

If they were classed as a motorbike, then wearing a helmet would be a legal requirement, the ones that hare around down here definatly don't waer helmets - But then the ones i see are breaking about 10 other laws too :laugh:

The stimpson scorcher kit car from the 70's was built from parts of a mini, it was classed as a motorbike + side car and as such you needed only the 'pilot' and first passenger to wear helmets, however the third passenger didn't legally need to.

it's not a legal requirement to wear a helmet on a trike, it's the same with a quad.

Top Bottom