Thought I'd lost my dog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got back from work at about 10 tonight so I thought I'd take Ellie, my 11-year old Staffie, for a walk via the pub. Lots of fuss for her-a couple of pints for me. At the corner to our street on the way back I let her off the lead for the final 100 yards or so. Oh, how I wished I'd put my torch on first. She was gone! A frantic hour of walking here and there, up the park, down most of the streets....nothing. So, out comes the Brompton, and one street away I perchance upon a young couple. 'Have you seen a doggy on the loose?'. 'Yes', they replied 'a little brown one with a red collar?' (Ellie is a red) Much relievement (?) from me as I went to a house where she was being looked after. I have to confess I was overcome, literally - (as in tears), with joy. I was very likely a mumbling jelly as I thanked the folk in the house prefusely for keeping her safe. I am now off to bed one very happy, and relieved, man.
I love her dearly, can you tell?

Bill

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I thought dogs were just for Christmas?
smile.gif

ThePainInSpain

smile.gif

But if you're really careful, you'll have a bit left over for boxing day..............:whistle:

SORRY.......... seriously, so glad of a happy ending, we have 3 dogs and although they are a pain in the rectum some times, we love them all (probably more than the kids {who are all grown up and married BTW}).

Just a footnote, I think Staffies are a great breed, but here they are regarded as a 'Dangerous Breed' and you have to have all sorts of licenses and regulations to keep one. (not, of course that the Spanish take any notice).

OP
OP
TheBoyBilly

TheBoyBilly

I'm going to send a little 'Thank you' card to the folk who took her in. I wouldn't have been able to sleep last night, thinking of all sorts of things that could have happened. I have to say Ellie is one for getting into all manner of scrapes but she is such a gentle thing really. My boy has two Staffies who also buck the general opinion of this fine breed, living on a farm and having the run of the place.

Bill

Cheule

Sorry but I was cycling through a subway the other week and overtook a yoof with an off lead staffie... as soon as it saw me it gave Chase and I had to brake hard to avoid running it over. Needless to say I had a few words with him, he seemed genuinely taken aback that it might even be a problem.

Glad you had a happy ending though, did you find out why she ran off?

betty swollocks

large member
smile.gif

Sliced thin: they can last well into the New Year.

ThePainInSpain

Every Staffie I knew was a real cutie and as soft as a brush.

It's the idiot owners that cause the problems not the dogs.

We have a Spanish moron that visits someone on our track, he has a Bull Terrier of some sort. The missus was out walking the 2 small dogs, and this idiot was coming the other way. Telling his dog to 'ataque'. It's a good job for him I wasn't there, I would have decked him. Needless to say the missus was a bit shook up. But there's no point taking it up with these idiots, to start with they won't understand a word I say, and they're too thick to understand what the problem is.

OP
OP
TheBoyBilly

TheBoyBilly

Not too sure why Ellie ran off to be honest as it was pitch dark in our side streets. I had my Exposure Joystick in one hand (switched off as we'd just come off the main road. I unleashed her, as I said, for the last few yards home, put on the torch and she was nowhere to be seen. I think it may have been a cat or a fox that may have caught her attention. Up the park in the mornings all the dogs chase squirrels, it's quite funny to watch. All is well with Ellie now, she doesn't have to work too hard to get back into my good books. Thanks and bless you all for your kind thoughts. I was so relieved I just had to let it all out on Sat night/Sun morning. :biggrin:

Bill

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
I don't have a dog, but my friends who do love them to bits so I can understand how upset you must have been.

Glad it all worked out okay.

At least you know which house to go to first when she runs off next. :biggrin:

Top Bottom