Three 30-minute rides each week of the year Challenge 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Week 15: 3 qualifying rides, 67 km, 3¾ hrs.
  • Ride 1 (Fri): 22 km. ELLL including ride to Hebden Bridge turning circle, then back, Woodhouse climb to Lumbutts, Walsden before u-turning and heading home. 1¼ hrs.
  • Ride 2 (Sat): 11 km. ELLL. ½ hr.
  • Ride 3 (Sun): 34 km. ELLL PLUS mid-ride towards Hebden Bridge and back, climb to Mankinholes/Harvelin Park/Lumbutts PLUS Calderbrook, Caldermoor, Littleborough and back. 2 hrs.
Rides #1 and #2 done on the 6-er, mostly 42/15 gear, but easier gears used on steeper than usual climbs on day #1 ride. Day #3 done on de-hibernated CAAD5 using a 48/17 gear equivalent to the 6-er's 42/15, but using lower gears for Mankinholes/Lumbutts climbs.

Success rate: 15 weeks out of 15.

47 qualifying rides so far this year. Weekly target 100 km; total to date: 1,111 km. Average progress now = 74.1%; last week = 74.6%. Total ride time approximately 66 hrs.

PS Special characters to copy and paste for ride durations - ¼ ½ ¾ !

Last edited:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I managed three rides again. The first, which included the detour to photograph the fritillaries, also took in two of the new railway stations being built locally. One is just 10 minutes from here, the other is on the other side of town. But it made me think perhaps I should try to get to some of the others. There are at least another two within a five mile radius. So that's the plan for this week...

bluenotebob

Veteran
two of the new railway stations being built locally. One is just 10 minutes from here, the other is on the other side of town. But it made me think perhaps I should try to get to some of the others. There are at least another two within a five mile radius. So that's the plan for this week...

There's a 'MBIFO of a railway station' thread in the Photo Gallery part of the forum...

Back to strong winds and heavy showers here today after several really pleasant (warm and dry) days.

Here's an unused shot from last Thursday ... magnolias outside Illifaut. A little reminder that sometimes the weather can play nice

Illifaut magnolias pic 3.JPG

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Week 16: 4 qualifying rides, 106 km, 6 hrs.
  • Ride 1 (Wed): 16 km. ELLL including extra loop on Burnley Rd. ¾ hr.
  • Ride 2 (Thu): 12 km. ELLL. ¾ hr.
  • Ride 3 (Sat): 54 km. Tod, Lumbutts, Calderbrook, Caldermoor, Littleborough, Blackstone Edge, Hubberton Green loop, back to Littleborough and then straight home. 3 hrs.
  • Ride 4 (Sun): 24 km. Tod, Hebden Bridge, Lee Wood, Slack, Blackshaw Head, Kebs Rd, Cornholme, Tod. 1½ hours.
Rides done on the 6-er (mostly 42/15 gear, but easier gears used on steeper than usual climbs) unless another bike indicated. Rides #3 & #4 done on CAAD5.

Success rate: 16 weeks out of 16.

51 qualifying rides so far this year. Weekly target 100 km; total to date: 1,217 km. Average progress now = 76.1%; last week = 74.1%. Total ride time approximately 72 hrs.

PS Special characters to copy and paste for ride durations - ¼ ½ ¾ !

bluenotebob

Veteran
Week 15: four HMCAM rides + 5 more local rides over 30 mins; distance cycled 303.74km

Week 16: three HMCAM rides + 8 more local rides over 30 mins; distance cycled 285.37km

Weeks 1 to 16: total distance cycled 3752km

No Lunacy Distance rides these last two weeks because of the weather – but seven HMCAM rides helped to keep me close to my monthly distance target.

I’ve also just passed 65,000km cycled since 1 January 2017 .. nearly two-thirds of the way to my target of 100,000km. I have a feeling that the last third may be much harder than the first two-thirds..

The écluse St-Jouan on the Nantes-to-Brest canal, looking towards Josselin, this afternoon

Ecluse St-Jouan pic 2.JPG

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Phew, still in this. Managed to ride the three days before my holiday and then Sat and two rides on Sunday when back.

20240421_175011.jpg

20240421_175026.jpg

The second ride yesterday was to a local sand quarry which has been closed down and allowed to revert to nature. Amazing how quickly nature takes over. Great place to go on a sunny evening, the birdlife is often staggering.

I twisted my knee on holiday, so I suspect the rides for the next couple of weeks will be the bare minimum, it's very sore and a little swollen today.

FrothNinja

Veteran
W16R1 - Centurion 34 mins - local miles.
W16R2 - Centurion 36 mins - local miles.
W16R3 - CX 3 hour 52 mins - Cowan Bridge, Thornton In Lonsdale, Ingleton, Clapham, Lawkland, Ra'mell (Rathmell), Wigglesworth, Hunters Hill, Carters Lane, Gisburn, Howgill, Martin top, Twiston, Barley, Roughlee, Clarion, Spen Brook, Wheatley Lane, Brierfield, Burnley (total 38.4 miles / 61.8 km plus 1,033 m / 3,389 ft ascent)
Violet - useful excuse to stop on the horrible climb up Martin Top
DSC_1353 Martin Top.JPG

Top Bottom