Tierra del Fuego

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

WOW! Great story & pics.

WOW!

Greenbank

Über Member
I traveled around Chile and Argentina for 2 months (Nov/Dec) last year but not on a bike (bus, plane and train). I remember thinking that the road into Ushuaia would be fantastic on the bike, was the "English are pirates" (something like El Ingles son piratas) graffito still there at the viewpoint of the lake about 20 miles out from Ushuaia?

Torres del Paine is simply stunning. I did the 'W' trek in 5 days staying at the Refugios and carrying nothing more than a small daypack. Definitely recommend the Hostal Lili-Patagonicos in Puerto Natales if you want a break from camping, and then go to the Torres del Paine talk at Erratic Rock they do every day at 3pm if you're considering a trek in TdP.

Evilcat

Greenbank said:
Torres del Paine is simply stunning. I did the 'W' trek in 5 days staying at the Refugios and carrying nothing more than a small daypack.
Did likewise in 2001. Fantastic scenery/wildlife. V. envious of hubbike.

EC

OP
OP
H

hubbike

Thanks for the tip on the talk Greenbank, I might make that this afternoon. In Puerto Natales now but already installed in a (probably inferior) hostal. thought I would take a week or so to go and do the loop walk at TdP. Just wondering if there will be somewhere I can leave the bike?

Greenbank

Über Member
hubbike said:
Thanks for the tip on the talk Greenbank, I might make that this afternoon. In Puerto Natales now but already installed in a (probably inferior) hostal. thought I would take a week or so to go and do the loop walk at TdP. Just wondering if there will be somewhere I can leave the bike?

You're probably already on your way to the park by now, but the full loop is a 10 day walk. The "W" is only 5 days (4 if you do a long first day from Grande Paine up to Grey and back and don't stay at Grey.)

Anyway, I hope you got to the Erratic Rock talk, especially if it was done by Rusty "I've never been in the park and not been blown on my ass." (US spelling as he is American.) and "You are not made of salt, you will not disolve in the rain."

Most hostels are happy to look after stuff for you. I can't see why they wouldn't look after a bike.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
hopped around a few photos...excellent stuff! Will check out reast (and read too) when i get more time. I liked the "fin de pavimento" pic, and its title "Oh no!" :blush:

OP
OP
H

hubbike

managed the w and then turned it into the complete circuit in 6 days camping. but then I´m a reasonalbly fast walker and I now have sore feet!! now in El Calafate.

Top Bottom