tight v's loose ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

I had a pair of Carrera Team, Jeans pattern shorts.

They were OK to walk around in at the cake shop. And on the beach :wacko:

Looked on the web but can't find them. :biggrin:

Fiona N

Veteran
Zounds. I fine myself in agreement with Bonj :biggrin:

But I under stand where the OP is coming from. Now I'm no longer in the first flush of youth nor anywhere near racing weight, I find it best to respect other people's sensibilities when taking the bike into town shopping (I don't have a car so shopping is always by bike or trike) and visiting the coffee shop. On these occasions I go for 3/4 mtb capris which are loose, comfortable and quick drying, even - dare I say it, flattering - with an ordinary T-shirt and soft shell jacket, depending on the weather.
On the otherhand, if I'm out for a burn around the lanes on an evening or a longer Sunday ride, it's lycra all the way :biggrin:

bonj2

Fiona N said:
Zounds. I fine myself in agreement with Bonj :sad:

But I under stand where the OP is coming from. Now I'm no longer in the first flush of youth nor anywhere near racing weight, I find it best to respect other people's sensibilities when taking the bike into town shopping (I don't have a car so shopping is always by bike or trike) and visiting the coffee shop. On these occasions I go for 3/4 mtb capris which are loose, comfortable and quick drying, even - dare I say it, flattering - with an ordinary T-shirt and soft shell jacket, depending on the weather.
On the otherhand, if I'm out for a burn around the lanes on an evening or a longer Sunday ride, it's lycra all the way :biggrin:

"interfering with people's sensbilities?" :biggrin::wacko::biggrin::biggrin:
as far as i'm concerned people can take their sensibilities and shove them up their arse! :biggrin:

helmet tester

bonj said:
"interfering with people's sensbilities?" :wacko::wacko::tongue::biggrin:
as far as i'm concerned people can take their sensibilities and shove them up their arse! :sad:

normally i'd agree but in some situations i'm with Fiona ; popping into the ice-cream shop midway through the sunday ride with my meat and 2 veg + man-tits in tight lycra in front of childen and old ladies just makes me uneasy somehow.

jimboalee

The ice cream shop in Henley in Arden has a framed photo of a bunch of Sunday cyclists at the shop from 1948.

My Mom is on the photo, so I can wear whatever I like when I visit the ice cream shop in Henley in Arden.

briank

OMG! I just gotta have a matching set of socks and sweater like Fausto's.
They're just soooooo cool.
Do Rapha sell them?:smile:

helmet tester said:
normally i'd agree but in some situations i'm with Fiona ; popping into the ice-cream shop midway through the sunday ride with my meat and 2 veg + man-tits in tight lycra in front of childen and old ladies just makes me uneasy somehow.
:smile::thumbsup::sad:

I have to agree with that, I always wear 3/4 shorts when I am cycling.
A they are comfy and B I don't want to feel out of place if i am in a shop.
I don't care what I look like when I am out on the bike xx(

Regards Iain

Top Bottom