Tights, Gloves and Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i can recommend the untrendy(?) carradice duckwax over shoes, waterproof, windproof and bombproof. only about £12 i think. will outlast any neoprene ones. just a bit ugly.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Just bought the OH some of these for Christmas.
Tried some in the shop, and felt they would be too warm for me, but she gets colder hands.
I use the SealSkinz windproof (quite thin & not bike-specific) find them very good.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Thanks for the suggestions, I already have some overshoes for the wet, but I'm planning on getting some for the really cold days, like a cover sock... any suggestions on them?

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Another thing, I have skinny legs so I don't want to order some overshoes that'll leave a gap.

AlanW

Guru
Another vote for the Endura overshoes, however I have also just bought a pair of the Assos winter overseas. Chuffing expensive, but I swear that they are a lot warmer than the Endura ones.

Or maybe I am trying to convince myself that......:smile:

Noodley

AlanW said:
Another vote for the Endura overshoes, however I have also just bought a pair of the Assos winter overseas. Chuffing expensive, but I swear that they are a lot warmer than the Endura ones.

Or maybe I am trying to convince myself that......:eek:

I went back to Endura overshoes after buying Assos ones - Assos were not as good IMO. But I now wear the Endura and the Assos over them if it's really cold.

The zip tags on the Assos broke off after wearing them twice and the material on the soles cut up badly as well. Not worth the money.

briank

I also have settled on the Endura ones after trying all sorts over the years - most recently the super-duper Assos. The Assos don't claim to be waterproof and, personally, I don't find the Assos any warmer. The Endura are also less than half the price so if you're stepping into this market (sorry) these are definitely the ones I'd go for.
But tomorrow I'll definitely be trying Noodley's advice - as well as Ground Effect merino socks I shall be wearing TWO pairs of overshoes. Genius!

Top Bottom