Tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

With winter coming on I have been considering tight for the cold weather. Trouble is being on a fixed pension and more important bills ever going up I cannot afford the high prices most sportswear suppliers demand for these garments in my size, XXXL, 42" waist. Things got so bad I even dragged my wife around the town so I could look at ladies fashion leggings. Eventually in a discount sports store I found some Karrimoor running tights in my size for £9:99, which they claim are reduced from £29.99. Fairly heavy fabric, a good fit and plenty of stretch, so I hope they retain their shape in the wash. The only downside, they are not padded, so will need to wear them with my shorts.

ASC1951

Guru
I'm sure they will be fine. Ron Hill Tracksters and various clones are also a possibility. I have always had good mail order service from this place in Barnoldswick http://www.rundirect.co.uk

And speaking as an occasional lard-bucket myself, having a 42" waist should be the first thing to address. :cry:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've used Ron-Hill tracksters for years as winter tights, they're OK. They last for donkeys years. Bib tights are best and the slightly fleecy dhb's from Wiggle are really good value and more comfortable particularly bent-over on a road-bike.
I've also used plain black womens wooly tights or cheap brands of plain thermal tights under my shorts and that also works quite well until it gets really chilly. Just need to check where the tight seam runs in the crotch area to avoid chafing.

Top Bottom