Tights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepecat

I bought some padded tights a while ago from Decathlon, and tbh they're not that great, cos they don't come far enough up my back to keep me warm. The cycling shorts I have do this - nicely round the waist front and back, but the tights just don't come up far enough at the back.

So, anyone recommend a decent pair of tights that come up nicely all round your middle? Is it better to buy padded or unpadded and wear them over cycle shorts? Can you wear padded shorts AND padded tights, or is that a bit stupid?

The decathlon tights were supposedly unisex...... and before you ask, I don't have them on the wrong way round, and my bum is not so big that things don't stretch over it!! :tongue:

amaferanga

Veteran
I wear unpadded DHB Pace tights UNDER my padded bibshorts. Works really well. And they're only £32.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Second the comments re. Decathlon tights. I just wear (Decathlon) padded shorts over them. The pads aren't very thick anyway so no problems. (Generally wear shorts over tights, and sometimes unpadded shorts over).

kyuss

Veteran
Unpadded tights here too, but padded shorts UNDER them. Padded shorts are designed to be worn next to the skin, I don't want anything between the chamois and my bare arse.

Fiona N

Veteran
I don't like wearing more layers that necessary so much prefer padded tights or, even better, padded bib longs which means no problems with gaps between tops and bottoms.

amaferanga

Veteran
I don't like wearing more layers that necessary so much prefer padded tights or, even better, padded bib longs which means no problems with gaps between tops and bottoms.

I used to think the same, but the issue I have with bib longs is that the bib part is IME always too warm so I overheat on all but the very coldest days. I have some DHB Merston bib longs that I definitely couldn't have worn this week as it only got down to a few degrees Celsius, but with my DHB Pace (the new Merston) waist tights and normal shorts my legs have been nice and warm without my body overheating.

No problems with gaps if you wear bib shorts over the tights anyway.

Top Bottom