Time for action - Poll 2: Style

Which style should we adopt?

• Hard-hitting (eg. 'Plenty of room?')

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Comedy (eg. fruit-person)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And I will ask the same question as in poll 1

Arch

Married to Night Train
Note to Ben; In future, include an essay in the thread title explaining the context...:laugh:

Perhaps a link back to the original 'time for action' thread would help...

oh! I see you added one, sorry...

sheddy

Legendary Member
Will truckers take offence when you cut to a shot of the Grim Reaper in the cab? (followed by a closeup, with the words 'LEFT HOOK' written on his scythe )

User3143 said:
FFS, the amount of bollox that people have been going on about in these advert threads - from ''Patience'' by Take That being played to portraying a lorry driver as a f***ing grim reaper!

I drive truck for a living and do not take offence at being labeled a grim reaper but what is pissing me off is the gist of this advert being lost.

There is only one way to do an advert like this and that is hard hitting with the only sound being rider and bike crushed by the vehicles wheels.

Have a rider going up the inside of the vehicle.

Cut to the inside of the cab and the drivers view via their mirrors.

Show the cyclist and bike going under the wheels, emphasise the violent nature of which an incident like this will happen. Bike and rider slamming against the side of the wheels/belly bar and promptly getting run over/dragged along the underside of the vehicle. (obviously not a real person, a dummy of some sort)

Cut to a screen showing the amount of deaths that have occured form this type of incident. Show a few real life photos.

This is the only way an advert like this should be done.

Mate, whilst your opinions and views are appreciated, taking the pi$$ out of other people suggestions and saying that your way is the only way isn't particularly helpful. The thread was all about different ideas, and different view about this to gain a consensus. Therefore, some ideas will come and go, and it is useful in this type of 'brainstorming' thread to provide ideas that are 'out there'. So just keep this in mind when you start ridiculing other peoples ideas.

CotterPin

If we are aiming at both cyclists and lorry drivers then I would suggest we would portray them as what they are - human beings. That IMHO would be more hard hitting suggesting that this kind of thing could happen to anyone.

I agree with Cotterpin and User3143, hard hitting but not making it out to be a deliberate act - accidents happen, especially when people do not consider or are not aware of the effects of their actions.

Ok. I will answer your points. However, if you wish to continue mocking my and others ideas, then please take it to PM or another thread elsewhere. There is a time and a place for this.

User3143 said:
:becool: I'm not your mate and get real Magnatom, how the hell are you going to convey a ''serious'' message by having Take That playing as the music or portraying a lorry driver as a grim reaper. Congrats on labelling every lorry driver in the country as a grim ripper/person solely responsible for left hooks. (not you I know but I hope you understand the point I am making)

No I don't understand. The reason I don't understand is that I have been the one stressing collaboration with HGV drivers. Go and look at the original thread. So I have no idea what that has to do with me. Show me where I have even hinted that HGV drivers are grim reapers. Go and look at any other post I have ever made about HGV drivers on this forum. I can almost guarantee you that I have said that in general, they are the best drivers.

Yes I agree that in hindsight that Take That isn't a good idea, however, your method of saying this, is nothing short of a put down; the sort of methodology of someone who never uses positive criticism.

While I do appreciate other peoples ideas it just annoys me when people start suggesting utter crap that is neither workable, practical or helpful.
That's a bit sad if people providing ideas be they practical, ultimately useful or not, annoys you. It is comments like this that put people off making public their ideas. It stifles creativity. Part of my job is to continually solve problems, and come up with ideas, some novel and some unusual. Others are encouraged to do the same. To innovate. To successfully innovate, you have to come up with lots of ideas, some that might seem daft as well as those that are instantly practical.

A hoover where you can see the dirt you suck up! Yuck! That'll never catch on...

Look at other safety campaigns/videos. They are all without music and they are all as close to realism as you can possibly get with the ONLY focus being on the message that they are trying to portray.
If you look at the more recent posts you will see that that is the idea we have come to focus on. So was there any need to take the make a fool of other people by mocking their ideas?

Lee, I am not saying that the substance of your posts isn't often valid, but your method of conveying your ideas, i.e. mocking others doesn't do you any favours. I'm sure you aren't, but it makes you come across as a playground bully, IMO.

Jim_Noir

handbags.jpg

Top Bottom