Time Trial with Hybrid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

abrooks100

Thanks for all the advice will be going along on thursday night to see how I get along. Will try and refine my position on the bike this weekend during some training rides.
Will let you guys know how I get on.

Proto

Legendary Member
A fellow was riding very happily the High Wycombe evening league 10 on Tuesday night on a decent mountain bike, RockShox and knobblies, the lot. He wasn't looking to break the course record, just beat his time of two weeks before, which I believe he did.

Get out there and have a go on whatever bike you have. If you get hooked, start fettling!!

scott s10

a guy at our course which is mainly up hill all the way with plenty of holls to fall through did a 27 min on a mountain bike with his suspension on and nobbly tyres

Losidan

scott s10 said:
a guy at our course which is mainly up hill all the way with plenty of holls to fall through did a 27 min on a mountain bike with his suspension on and nobbly tyres

blimey....i'd struggle to beat that on my road bike!!!

a_n_t

Is there any way your seat can go up? looks a little on the low side to me.

I use my ribble winter bike for TT's, abit modded I admit! Gone from 27.34 in April to 26.05 last week without much training due to a knee niggle and its a slow course! Hoping to get into the 25's by seasons end.

rtt.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A good position and aero bars is all you need. I was doing 23 min 10's on my road bike with just aero bars on a sporting course - J courses in Cheshire are not flat.....

maurice

I did a 25 min 36 for my first proper go on a bog stock Allez a few weeks ago.

There was a guy there on an mtb getting along fine so can't see a hybrid being a problem.

Crankarm

Guru
scott s10 said:

Is there a 1 in front of the 27 by any chance :ohmy:?

Contador watch out :laugh:.

maurice

a_n_t said:
Ours is dreadfull at lower withington! But you know if you can do a decent time on it you'll fly on a drag strip :ohmy:

Yeah yeah guys, I'm sure everyone's local TT is like Ventoux on a bad day :laugh:

a_n_t

maurice said:
Yeah yeah guys, I'm sure everyone's local TT is like Ventoux on a bad day :biggrin:

It's reckoned to be at least a minute slower than the quick 10 courses round here, a dual carriageway it aint! but dont take my word for it :biggrin:

Top Bottom