Tiny Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Well here i am a 59 year old virgin.
But on Wednesday i'll pop my cherry.Going away for three days.I know it's not massive but it's exciting.From the first idea it has changed a little.

The route is this Wed's Leeds to Bridlington stay in a B & B.

Thursday a trip out Brid to Atwick (near Hornsea).

"Atwick,what the bloody hell is special about Atwick "? i hear you say.
Well get this,cos this happens often,sort of knowledge thingy.

I was washing up a couple of weeks ago.When this voice in my head said"contact Kevin Cawthorne"
"Who is Kevin "? you ask.Well he was my best mate from our street.But we sort of drifted apart 1966 ish.

So i went onto Facebook and typed in his name.I knew a little about him living down south.So i mailed one KC.Back came a reply his son.To cut this story short .His son passed on the details,we talked on the phone.And he now lives in Atwick around 12 miles from Brid.So i am meeting up with him and his wife and my bike on my tiny tour.
That is so spooky.After having a drink and sarnies i am going onto Scarbrough then into the wolds back to Brid for a second night then home friday.

I don't care about the crappy weather this is going to be my TOUR DE FRANCE.

coopman

Good luck, did my first tour last year over 4 days and cant wait to get out again even though the rain pissed down on me last year.

Let us know how it all goes.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
We've all got to start somewhere. Three days is enough to get a flavour of what cycle touring is all about and will inform the planning your future tours. Make a nuisance of yourself at home like I do and you'll be encouraged to tour for longer and more frequently :wacko:

This summer's tour for me is the Atlantic Coast of Brittany to Beaune or Switzerland if I get a move on.

Mycroft

Good Luck mate, its a lot of fun, with moments of "what the hell am I doing?" but you will get a great sense of fulfilment. and wow, meeting an old mate after YEARS thats gonna make it a pretty special event. In a way I'm quite envious :smile:

Top Bottom