Today, I met Longers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

And what a mighty fine chap he is :ohmy: !

Thankfully, we spotted each other on the road just by the air display of the Southport Air Show.

We then :laugh: down the coast in effect and ended up along side RAF Woodvale - which it seemed to be a feeder base for some of the planes/helicopters: we seen a Chinook, Apache (that was REALLY cool) a couple of Lynx's and some Woodvale planes, Bulldogs...

We then got lost, in a way, but ended up on the Cheshire Lines cycleway whereby we kept stopping and starting as overhead was: The Eurofighter (showed off big time did that - that can REALLY do some serious manouvres), 4x Tornados (making a big time racket everytime they turned/passed) a AWACS (yanky plane :tongue:) we weren't sure on a plane that could have been the new passenger - 'big massive' plane but what did literally stop us dead in our tracks was a Vulcan bomber.

We then skirted north Liverpool and I played pacer, as Longers was on for and I'm sure he did eventually do over 125mls 'eat it' you manchester ton'ers - Longers beat ya ! :tongue:

Nice riding with you Longs': much appreciated :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good day then - you got better weather - Longers got me by 5 miles then..........

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Foss', he was on 110mls in Standish and at a guess, he had another 30+ so he could have done say 140-150 even :tongue:

Still, mate, you'll have eat alot of tarmac to better Longs ! :laugh:

I just hope the lad got back ok as I know he got a big shower when I left him!

longers

Legendary Member
Today I met Yenrod

And what a mighty fine chap he is. :smile:

Very lucky to bump into him as I was just heading for Formby as he was arriving.

Very glad I did meet him as it made the day and without cruising around with him I'd probably have missed most of those aircraft he mentioned.

The Red Arrows were damn fine at noon :thumbsup:
There was a display on after them which was possibly even better though ;) I'll look up who and what they were later but a couple of their manoeuvres were mind boggling. They put the plane into a tail over nose spin!!*

I don't know if any of my pictures are any good but will stick any good ones up here.

Did you get wet after heading for home Yenners?

All in all a great day out.

Did a few miles too. 141.3 of them.

*Pretty sure that was what I saw them do three times :laugh:

I thought that was gonna be a big ride Longers. Well done, that's a heck of a distance. Hope you're not riding to work tomorrow.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

longers said:
And what a mighty fine chap he is. :smile:

Very lucky to bump into him as I was just heading for Formby as he was arriving.

Very glad I did meet him as it made the day and without cruising around with him I'd probably have missed most of those aircraft he mentioned.

The Red Arrows were damn fine at noon :thumbsup:
There was a display on after them which was possibly even better though ;) I'll look up who and what they were later but a couple of their manoeuvres were mind boggling. They put the plane into a tail over nose spin!!*

I don't know if any of my pictures are any good but will stick any good ones up here.

Did you get wet after heading for home Yenners?

All in all a great day out.

Did a few miles too. 141.3 of them.

*Pretty sure that was what I saw them do three times :laugh:

Crackle said:
I thought that was gonna be a big ride Longers. Well done, that's a heck of a distance. Hope you're not riding to work tomorrow.

Longs' I got a couple of spots - but nowt special. Looked to me like you got bigtime splashed on. I done 80mls/130kms - 5hr30min.

Though I take my 'roady hat' off for those 143+mls...well in mate / well done ! :smile:

You enjoy your well earned break tomorrow !

longers

Legendary Member
Here's the display team mentioned earlier. The Blades.

"Somersaults" performed after 3min15 and 4min15. I've watched it a few times now and still don't believe it :laugh:.

Cheers Yenners and Crackle, it was a flat route, the hill at Parbold was the biggest of the day which helped a lot.

'Bout ready for a bevvy now ;)

Top Bottom