Today in Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

Driving between Harlow and Takeley today I saw loads of cyclists heading southwards towards Hatfield Heath, no idea where they went after that. I have looked at Sportive listings and there was one listed, the London Phoenix Easter Classic starting at Fairlop Water. Anyway whatever it was, if this was a Sportive, apart from the riders not wearing numbers it looked very much like a race to me. I was seriously considering trying my hand at one in a couple of months but against any of the riders of the calibre we saw today I wouldn't have a prayer.

Pointydog

Hi, it was the London Pheonix Sportive. No numbers on this one. Really good little route, got in with a great group and had a laugh on the way round. Average of 19.7 was good enough for a windy day.
Don't let anything you saw today stop you giving it a go. There are riders of all abilities and you will always end up riding with someone that can match your speed. Give it a go, they are great training and you will get to see some lovely countryside.
Good luck.

Top Bottom