Today's spill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

Hi all,
I've been cycle commuting now for about a fortnight (but have been cycling for donkey's years), and today had my first spill.
Riding down hill, probably about ten miles an hour, I passed a parked white van. Immediately as I began to pass the van, the driver decided to indicate out. I thought fine, I'll just go out into the road more slightly, and he'll notice and he'll just carry on. Then with me giving him a wide berth, but nearly past him, he decides to do a quick turn in the road, forcing me onto the other side of the road. As things got tighter, I simply had to unclip and do a controlled fall onto the road. Results=a very grazed leg, and a nicely bruised cocyx. Could have been worse, but no need. I indicated out, and was passing legally. I had right of way.
Witnesses stopped, asked me if I needed to go to hospital (no, apart from being winded and very angry I was ok), and the driver said 'I can put your bike into the van, and take you where your going'. To which my answer was simply 'I think that I don't trust your driving now!'.
Gingerly had to simply get back onto the road to do the last km into work.
No fun.

To which my answer was simply 'I think that I don't trust your driving now!'.

Fantastic.I don't think I would have said that myself.:biggrin:

More like something more heated.:wacko:

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

I don't really know how the bike is. I think the right wheel might be out of true, but it might simply be that the brakes have become misaligned. I'll have a look when I get home. Getting the train back now, as my bottom is a wee bit sore, and I don't like the idea of 10 miles in the saddle, largely uphill, with it this sore.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
SamNichols said:
I don't really know how the bike is. I think the right wheel might be out of true, but it might simply be that the brakes have become misaligned. I'll have a look when I get home. Getting the train back now, as my bottom is a wee bit sore, and I don't like the idea of 10 miles in the saddle, largely uphill, with it this sore.

Trike? ;)

Top Bottom