tomato skin pigmentation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I was reading today that the chemicals in tomatoes and carrots help prevent sun damage because they make your skin go a bit more yellow?

Well, in a week I'm on about:

-8 vine tomatos
-2 tins of tomato soup
-4 bizgetti bolognaises
-2 domino pizzas (always with fresh tomato)

Yet my skin still looks like that of a gothic horror villain. And I still get sunburnt.

What's going on?

Keith Oates

Janner
Either the story you read is wrong or you have extra sensitive skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It is supposed to make a difference but its not a cure all... the non scientific experiment I saw made a difference in how quickly someone burnt ... but it didn't stop them burning.

I'm in the freckly burning camp ... but not the red head/white skin type. So when I saw that report I upped how much tomato's I have. So I note the sun is coming out today and I had better get my daughter to put sunscreen on my back. I have already managed to get lightly burned several times this year, pink not lobster red, when I have misread the conditions.

wafflycat

Abitrary said:
I was reading today that the chemicals in tomatoes and carrots help prevent sun damage because they make your skin go a bit more yellow?

-8 vine tomatos
-2 tins of tomato soup
-4 bizgetti bolognaises

Yet my skin still looks like that of a gothic horror villain. And I still get sunburnt.

What's going on?

Well if you will eat negative amounts of the stuff, what do you expect. You're supposed to eat lots of the stuff, not chuck it up :becool:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Abitrary said:

-8 vine tomatos
-2 tins of tomato soup
-4 bizgetti bolognaises

What's going on?
You're meant to eat them Abs old bean, not rub them into your torso! :blush:

Top Bottom