Toner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
I've used remanufactured ones in both HP colour and Samsung B&W.

Not had any problems or noticed any difference in quality on either, but I don't think they last as long (difficult to judge though).

Don't think I'd try reflling them - very messy stuff toner. I can remember copiers and pinters in days gone by where you had to refill them with loose toner powder. If the person filling them spilt it you couldn't use a vacuum cleaner because of the explosion risk, which was a real pain.

Maz

Guru
For my HP laserjet 5 I buy generic toner cartridges online from Cartridge Monkey.
Good service IMO.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had a Samsung laser printer which I filled up the cartridges with toner off ebay. Had no problems with refilling at all, but after a few refils you'll need to buy a new/remanufactered toner cartridge as other parts need replacing too.
I used it mainly for printing the local newsletter, approx 1200 pages a month, toner cost per 1000 prints was approx £5 :biggrin: & the printer itself was under £50. It finally died last month after nearly 3 years, so didn't owe me anything.
After looking at new laser printers, it appears that some now need a chip when the toner is refilled, increasing costs. I've just ordered a HP P1102 which I believe can be refilled by myself without chipping though :blush:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I use remanufactured toner for my HP colour laser. RRP is about £100 per colour but on Ebay I can usually get three colour and black and occasionally one extra free for about £75. No problems with them so far and I am on the third time round of Ebay ones. They all seem to run much longer then the originals and complain less when I leave them in until the point it won't print before changing one.

The printer oringally cost me only £99 with a set of toners from PC World many years ago

Top Bottom