Tonight I have...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
re-waxed my Barbour jacket - I've been meaning to do it for a while.

I think it will be 22 years old this christmas, possibly 21, most definitely at the very least 20 years old.

I just love quality kit that lasts. I don't care if it's old/out of fashion/ outperformed by the latest modern equivalent. If I'd bought it at todays price 20 years ago, it would have cost me £10 a year to own this :smile:

Keith Oates

Janner
Barbour suits are/were good but I think some of the gear on the market today is better. However getting 20+ years out of the jacket will take some beating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longers

Legendary Member
I've read that they're becoming fashionable again, a footie site I visit has mentioned them as terrace fashion. But it is PNE so could be 20 years behind the times.

I've got a cotton Company of Cyclists hat that I'm thinking of waxing. It might be good for on the bike to keep the rain from running down my neck.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I lost my Barbour

(altogether now!)

In Twickenham car park
Seems I was fazed by
My Varsity Gal
Through Donald Sinden’s
Theatrical minimal reach
We laughed a while
Until Libby had to go home

I left my Chomsky
At the Waterstone’s book launch
Umberto Eco
Iranian crepes
Great Uncle Corduroy
Invited us down to his gite
Fresh bread, kaleidoscope
Kinder Scout and Mam Tor

I blew my Giro
On debt and essentials
Cosi Fan Tutte
I’ll miss you again
I asked for water
They sent me a final demand
Placepot Uttoxeter
Down by one thirty-five

longers

Legendary Member
Any tips from those who've waxed about where to get wax from please?

My Local Outdoor Shop only deals with synthetics and I don't know where my nearest hunting and fishing emporium is.

longers

Legendary Member
Thanks Jim, wasn't sure what to search for :bicycle:

I got given an MOD surplus "International" jacket that doesn't get enough wear to warrant a reproofing.

Top Bottom