Too good to be true mac deal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I would always suggest paying full whack and buying from John Lewis, you get an additional 12 months warranty.

but I have also bought stuff from the Apple refurbished website and the stuff is like new.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I would always suggest paying full whack and buying from John Lewis, you get an additional 12 months warranty.

but I have also bought stuff from the Apple refurbished website and the stuff is like new.
Waiting for wages to clear on Thursday and I’ll make it so.

keithmac

Guru
Don‘t touch It. They take the order and tell you they are short of stock. When you ask for refund, they will take ages. They use the float for interest. Red flag if they accept Paypal only and not Visa/MC/Amex. The other cards require merchants to debit account only when the goods are available and ready to ship the same day.

Not found in Trust Pilot.

I've only had problems a couple of times but PayPal have been excellent at refunding my money.

I would chose a vendor who accepts PayPal over one that doesn't every time personally.

It looks dodgy and I wouldn't buy from them but you would always get your money back through PayPal.

Anything that expensive for me would be a big company with UK stock and warranty/ backup.

I've only had problems a couple of times but PayPal have been excellent at refunding my money.

I would chose a vendor who accepts PayPal over one that doesn't every time personally.

It looks dodgy and I wouldn't buy from them but you would always get your money back through PayPal.

Anything that expensive for me would be a big company with UK stock and warranty/ backup.
No issues with PayPal for small items like coffee on the go, snacks etc. Anything that is expensive and prone to description misinterpretation its the big cards for me.

Any serious merchant will offer card payments. If they do not it's an immediate red flag. Either they got kicked off card schemes, suspended for period of time for breaches or play on the margins.

Paypal is good for small mom and shop who want to have lower overheads.

oldwheels

Legendary Member

I agree on the refurbished stuff from Apple. Got a phone quite a bit less than new price but it looks like new and performs as it should with a new battery as well plus a warranty.

Landsurfer

Veteran
What has a SIM only mobile phone contract got to do with Apple laptops? :wacko:
Absolutely nothing ...
However if you have a Sky mobile contract you can have a new Apple laptop or iPad for ... £10 / month. My wife and grandson both have devices on the deal ...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Absolutely nothing ...
However if you have a Sky mobile contract you can have a new Apple laptop or iPad for ... £10 / month. My wife and grandson both have devices on the deal ...
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That is an amazing deal - if you like the mobile contract. What is the cheapest mobile contract that qualifies you for those deals? I had a quick look on the Sky site and couldn't spot that offer.

Landsurfer

Veteran
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That is an amazing deal - if you like the mobile contract. What is the cheapest mobile contract that qualifies you for those deals? I had a quick look on the Sky site and couldn't spot that offer.
Its not an offer it’s an addition to your £6 a month sim contract .... currently we have 3 iPhones, 2 iPad 9’s and a Mac book pro.
Just get your contract in place for a single phone and then it’s all available to you ....

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Its not an offer it’s an addition to your £6 a month sim contract .... currently we have 3 iPhones, 2 iPad 9’s and a Mac book pro.
Just get your contract in place for a single phone and then it’s all available to you ....
I thought it was just for iPads not MacBooks.

Top Bottom