Too late for a European tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mitchum

Someone said a southern france tour would be tolerable in October, maybe a bucket airline to the South of France then a med circuit or something like that? Otherwise it's a case of working through winter after an utterly rubbish English summer with all the SAD misery that entails.

Sicily?

Sardinia?

Mainland Greece?

Any suggestions?

The regions of Tuscany and Umbria and in central Italy would make for ideal autumn cycling.

It'll still be warm, and it's cheap. The food is marvellous, and the hospitality is most welcoming. The landscape is stunning.

Percy

I was roughly following the Danube this time last year - in Hungary/Austria/Germany - and it was fantastic - cool, clear, crisp days, autumn leaves...warm pubs. Ok, so not what you'd want if you're after a tan, but certainly tolerable, even into France in November.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
If you're not after blistering sunshine but rather just warm, lovely sunshine I'd go south of france or to Spain. Agree with Dayvo though that Italy would be pretty bang on as well. Off to Rome next week (minus bike, alas) and it's 25 degrees. BRING IT ON!

ASC1951

Guru
I've only walked in Sicily and Greece, but Sardinia will do you very well for a week or fortnight's cycling tour. You can also get direct flights from northern airports, which matters for me.

xilios

Veteran
Crete, its great this time of year, not many touritst and the water is just warm enough. We were in Athens last week and the temperature toped off at 38c, no clouds and the sea was perfect.

Top Bottom