Torn between these two bikes. Help needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm going to buy one of these two bike's at the weekend, but I'm unsure which one of the two go for. Which on would you guys go for?
smile.gif

The new Carrera Virtuoso.
http://www.halfords....zone=PDPz1#dtab

Or

The Viking San Marino.
http://racingbikesno...road-bike-2011/

Both seen to have a decent spec; and any help will be greatly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Much as i love my virtuoso the viking has a better spec with sora 9 speed sti rather than the 8 speed 2300 sti so i f i was choosing between the 2 i would go for the viking.
I know of another member has just got a yellow viking and he is pleased with it but i prefer to sit on a bike before i buy it.

How are the suppliers when it comes to any warranty issues? the carrera might be lower spec but it would be easier to return it.

Last years virtuoso in blue and black is a better bike for £329 as you get a point to mount a rear rack should you want to use it for commuting and is the same as this years model

Check out these for a really well priced bikes for a lot more spec for your money..

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/triban-3-173178017/

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/triban-5-172072740/

OP
OP
Boydie

Boydie

Regular
I've sat on both the Virtuoso's in Halfords and cycled up and down the shop; the new Virtuoso feels great to be honest, it's hard to put my finger on it but it feel's better than the older one.

If I was to buy the Viking I would be buying it at my local bike shop; the guy there as it in his catalogue and would order it for me for £400; but I'm worried about if I buy it, without trying it out, I may not like it for some reason. Plus they're aren't any reviews on it to make a good judgment on it.

I would love to get the Triban 5; but it's out of my price range.
sad.gif

''Viking San Marino Lightweight Road Bike (2011) – Viking San Marino Lightweight Road Bike (2011) RRP £539.99 Click an Image to Enlarge First determined in 1908, a Viking code has a history, abounding in a convention of tip peculiarity highway bikes as well as around a century Viking has been synonymous with success. Proven quality, character as well as continuance have regularly been a heading customary of this brand. Using all a technical developments of today’s manufacturing, a latest Viking bikes have been ready to face a subsequent a single hundred years. The Viking San Marino is a lightweight amalgamate 18-speed highway bike.FeaturesLightweight amalgamate tubing18 speedAll black highway tyresSteel enclosure pedals with toe clips as well as strapsViking highway saddleBlack support as well as forkAvailable in 53cm, 56cm or 59cmSpecificationsFrameLightweight amalgamate tubing, highway geometry, mudguard clearanceFork700c Hi-tensile flare with mudguard clearanceGearsShimano Sora eighteen speed gears with Shimano STI twin carry out levers as well as a Shimano 9 speed 11/23 cassette freewheelChainsetProwheel 34/50T Double chainset, with amalgamate cranks as well as a cartridge BB set WheelsViking 700c, 36 hole black stand in wall amalgamate rims with CNC sides, amalgamate Quick recover hubs as well as black spokesTyres700cx23 all black highway tyresSteeringAlloy Oversize highway handlebar with Alloy Oversize forward stemBrakesTektro Alloy Dual focus brakes with Shimano amalgamate leversSaddleViking highway saddle with micro regulate chair postFeaturesLow smoke-stack cartridge headset, Black bottle cap handlebar tape. Steel enclosure pedals with toe clips as well as strapsColourBlack support as well as flare Welcome to a eBay store To have your squeeze as elementary as well as easy as possible, greatfully impute to a emporium policies listed below.''

Say no more.

Why not go second hand fella? Ebay would have loads for around the £300-400 mark.

Just a thought. Better still try classifieds here or on Bike Radar.

Ahem, including one of mine yet to be posted...

Top Bottom