Toronto,Canada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i am off there for a family reunion a week on Wednesday , and have a day free whilst over there,does anyone know of a few LBS's out there ??? any recommendations ? what with the Canadian Dollar worth almost 2 to the pound,it would be rude not to spend some money:wacko:

Cheers if you can help !

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have relatives in Ottawa but I don't know them very well but I do know a very attractive and lovely woman who lives in Vancouver but that is twice as far away as Toronto so can't help I'm afraid.

Have a great time though, I must get over to Canada one day, Vancouver in particular;).

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
My Sis-in-Law lives in Burlington which is about an hour from Toronto... but she's a bit hopeless on a bike so wouldn't know of any stores. :wacko:

We went over there before our eldest was born - 3 weeks of travelling around and staying in various places (Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa etc.) it was a beautiful place... seeing a huge moose appear out of the mist at 6am in the Algonquin Park was special!!!

No idea about the LBSs though - perhaps a quick internet search should give you some starting points. I imagine Toronto will be well covered for Touristy type info.

skmc1955

dont miss the C N tower whatever you do, book a table in the restaurant so you can sit there watching the sun go down, (plus this gets you into the tower for free!)

Bug

My wife and I went there on Honeymoon. Definitely book a table in the CN Tower - the view from the top is amazing. Visit Toronto Island for a nice, peaceful, day. There's an olde worlde funfair there during the peak season too. If you want to be touristy then the Hippo tours are fun - amphibious busses. Toronto Zoo is worth a look too, but it wouldn't be at the top of my list - once you've seen one you've seen them all - especially as you only have a day.

Don't forget, also, that Niagara Falls are only 80-odd miles away. It's easily possible to get there and back in a day (we did) and is well worth it.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'll second the Toronto Island visit - really enjoyed it apart from the part where we hired a quadricycle (I'm sure they must have a better word for them) and I had to do all the work as my Wife couldn't reach the pedals fully... how she laughed as I strained my way round the island with (I can only presume) the crappy brakes locked to the rim. :sad::biggrin:

Lovely view back to the Toronto Dome when it gets to dusk time:

IMG_4214.jpg

Edit - wish I'd done more of a panoramic picture with this one... maybe I'll have to go back one day to correct it!

Top Bottom