Torre Traditional West Country Scrumpy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
... Contains Saccharin :biggrin: FFS :ohmy::wahhey:!:biggrin:

So, after the drubbing in the 'Fat Kids' thread I decided in a holier than thou moment to drive 6 miles (Waitrose is 2 miles) to our local 'Real Meat Company' wholsesome goodness organic blah Butcher. At huge expense bought burgers, Chinese Marinaded Pork belly and ribs and some sausages. I spied some likely looking cider in a 1L container and duly purchased (being a Devon Lad I grew-up with dubious cider in plastic gallon containers).... oh and some Picallili.
The Cider tasted fine with authentic floaty bits in it it was only when reading the label I noticed the 'Contained Saccharin' bit. FFS, how traditional is that? If it read 'Contained traces of Pig Head' that would be fine. Makes McD's seem kosher.

FWIW, the Burgers were nothing special, but the Chinese pork was OK. Pork and Leek bangers about to go on the Barbie.

Expensive and dissapointing, not to mention the carbon footprint.

surfgurl

I can send you some Somerset cider if you want. £1.55 a pint in my local. No saccharin, but maybe bits of dead rat.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
surfgurl said:
I can send you some Somerset cider if you want. £1.55 a pint in my local. No saccharin, but maybe bits of dead rat.
Perfect!

Ah, UKCider says that Torre is "aimed at the Tourist" well they're not wrong.

Ciderwise I grew-up with Gray's (well went to school with 'em) and DJ'd an 18th party there... imagine, an 18th in a cider barn...
Sheppy's is rather nice too, and old aquaintance works there and I'd drop in whenever I was going by. They also had a stall at one of the UK food expo's and I'd end up rattarsed after dropping in for a quck business chat!

Real cider is so underated, especially now summer's here.

Top Bottom