Tortec Ultralite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolf616

Über Member
My pannier rack half fell off my bike last week and I think I may have lost some screws but I am not 100% sure.

Is there a way to get replacements? Essentially the two 'arms' that attach the rack to below the saddle slipped out of the attachments. I've screwed them back in, but it doesn't feel particularly secure - the screw bit is just tightened against the arm - so I am wondering if I have lost extra bits that would secure it in.

Apologies for the vagueness, I didn't realise how hard it would be to talk about scews... I can take pictures later if that'd help.

Ajax Bay

Guru
You'd be best with a washer between each screw (bolt) head and the brazed on frame mount to spread the load and allow the bolt to tighten properly. This also applies if these bolts are screwing into 'an attachment' (ie not braze on) - you'd need to say what that is.

Ajax Bay

Guru
OP - I believe you have the arms still: it's the securing of the arms to the frame that's the issue. The bolts in the image in the product linked to by @User have built in washers.
Also worth using threadlock if this rack stays on permanently.

OP
OP
Wolf616

Wolf616

Über Member
I still have the washers and the screws themselves (and the arms!) but it does feel like the screw is loosening far easier than it used to. Thanks for the suggestions though guys!

Top Bottom