TOSEEK Carbon Fiber Road Bike Handlebars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TK421

Casual Extremist
Has anybody fitted either of these handlebars?
s-l500.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

Are they any good? Enquiring minds would like to know...

Jameshow

Veteran
Pimping out the boardman?!

Not those but I've got wiggle barreli carbon bars - had no issues.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Not 100% certain it was this exact model, but apparently the same brand:

Personally I don't see the imperceptable saving of literally a few grams off a set of traditional ally bars as an acceptable reward for the very real, if arguably unlikely risk of face-planting into the road at 30mph.

Safety-critical CFRP bits on bikes make me nervious at the best of times, let alone dirt-cheap stuff direct from China with nobody in the UK to sue if they cause you to sustain life changing injuries.

All the nopes and more, tbh.

Handlebars are consumables. If you bang them up they need replacing. I'd not want no name carbon bars.
Aluminium are just as light and usually cheaper and I'd prefer to trust a brand.

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
Not 100% certain it was this exact model, but apparently the same brand
'Tis the same make and model as the top example I've been looking at. Watched that video and the other one TraceVelo did before that singing their praises.
Buying anything direct from a factory can be dodgy unless you know who is buying the product and putting their name on it to sell retail.
My main aim was to tidy up the cables around the headset, not save weight.
I'm seriously considering these are an alternative for peace of mind in the construction department
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/prime-doyenne-aero-handlebar/rp-prod187394

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
'Tis the same make and model as the top example I've been looking at. Watched that video and the other one TraceVelo did before that singing their praises.
Buying anything direct from a factory can be dodgy unless you know who is buying the product and putting their name on it to sell retail.
My main aim was to tidy up the cables around the headset, not save weight.
I'm seriously considering these are an alternative for peace of mind in the construction department
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/prime-doyenne-aero-handlebar/rp-prod187394

Cool - I'd certainly endorse your caution!

The bars in your link look nice for what they are, although personally I'd struggle to spend that sort of money on a set of bars; especially for what appears to be a budget build (no offence intended ;) )

When you say "tidy" I assume you're looking at internally routing the cables? While I'm the first to appreciate a clean aesthetic, do consider that internally-routed cables aren't all win. You may end up having to run tighter cable rads in places to get them through the bars, which can affect shift quality, brake pull force and reduce cable lifespan. It can also be a pig from a maintenance point of view as everything gets a lot more complicated / difficult to access.

Of course how much this affects you will depend on your particular setup and the bars you get, so potentially lots of unknowns. If you do take this route I'd certainly trust the ally bars over anything in composite though :smile:

OP
OP
TK421

TK421

Casual Extremist
I'd certainly endorse your caution!
Thank you

what appears to be a budget build (no offence intended ;) )
None taken. This is my first build, so I am not spending a fortune just in case I need to correct a schoolboy error.

You may end up having to run tighter cable rads in places to get them through the bars, which can affect shift quality, brake pull force and reduce cable lifespan. It can also be a pig from a maintenance point of view as everything gets a lot more complicated / difficult to access.
Something that had not escaped my attention. Especially the effects on the cables when turning with the compression and extension and torsional stresses caused by the restrictions imposed by any form internal routing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom