Tour de Yorkshire to return ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This is the news piece about the sale, with the new owners being Silicon Dales who are a Manchester-based e-commerce agency: https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yor...arks-end-of-the-road-for-welcome-to-yorkshire

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't know but I'd guess that ASO own the "Tour de Yorkshire" name/brand so anything they attempted would be under a different name.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't see any reason why ASO would not work with the new organisation just as they did with the old one.
Money.

If the new organisation can do what the previous one tried and failed to do, which is to get cash from local councils or authorities or sponsors or whatever I guess ASO might be interested. But that task is likely to be getting harder what with the economic outlook.

T4tomo

Guru
I don't think the ASO own the brand. There is complex relationship between ASO & UCI, but you need the TdeY to be a UCI event to pull in the top teams, punters and TV rights money so need UCI & ASO on board.

At least Yorks has a ToB stage this summer, although I assume the Manchester based ecommerce company has no involvement in that, individual cities / regions bid for a start / finish / stage.

Top Bottom