Tour of Britain 2008 Energy Drink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Last year i went to see the end which was luckily, for me, in Liverpool.

It was good.

Anyhow - by where the now defunct CSC-TISCALI-SAXO BANK team was parked up the team helpers put a box of waterbottles out for the public to grab as souveniers - so after the relaxed scrum had died down I grabbed one as I was riding...ie I was a cyclist :angry:

Anyhow it had some energy drink in it and Ive checked to see what make it as but cant trace or find this flavour / make of drink: I want to know as It tasted really really NICE :rolleyes: & was thinking of getting some...i think the taste was watermelon -but i'm realy not sure.

Ive put this on the back burner as i don't use this stuff usually - just mainly use water.

Yet would use it occasionally.

Though that taste was really good for when your pushing it a bit, as I did ride 30mls after I went to see that race.

ANYONE help...:biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Possibly SIS Go it comes in Watermelon flavour.

They sell it in single sachets here for a quid worth a try

zacklaws

Guru
I picked up a few bottles during the 5th stage and got a good collection, most were CSC and were filled with "SIS Energy" blackcurrant, a slightly tinged purple colour. I have assumed this as I use the stuff myself, I find it does not taste like blackcurrant but is a bit more like watermelon.

But there is a possibility that as you was at the finish it may have been some other SIS drink and could have been Go, Energy, unused from before and during the race or even the Rego as they would have had recovery drinks for the finish. Even different riders may have there own taste preference's too for during and after the race. So in reality it could have been anything but it would have been SIS.

dodgy

If it was on the final stage it would have been WaterMelon infused with EPO. :angry:

I was at the final stage too Yenrod but didn't see the freebies :biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

dodgy said:
If it was on the final stage it would have been WaterMelon infused with EPO. :angry:

I was at the final stage too Yenrod but didn't see the freebies :angry:

From what I recall - I got one of the last as all the fat fans didnt let the cyclists get any other than what I managed to get ! - the 1.

Top Bottom