Tour of Britain (Women and men)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Great to see the makings of a British tour back on the road.
Four stages only, but in the time frame to actually get any sort of race organized it's a great start.
May it grow into something bigger in the following years. 😁

I'll go see it in Wrexham.

Tour of Britain Women 2024:​

• Stage 1 – Thursday 6 June 2024: Welshpool to Llandudno
  • Stage 2 – Friday 7 June 2024: Wrexham
  • Stage 3 – Saturday 8 June 2024: Warrington
  • Stage 4 – Sunday 9 June 2024: Greater Manchester

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Great to see the makings of a British tour back on the road.
Four stages only, but in the time frame to actually get any sort of race organized it's a great start.
May it grow into something bigger in the following years. 😁

Exactly. Given that it was cancelled last year and looked pretty unlikely only a few weeks ago, this is fantastic news.

Alex321

Veteran
Just been looking at the website for the Men's tour, and I have to say, if the race organisation is as bad as the website, then they'll be lucky to get it started at all.

It is completely full of inaccuracies and mistakes.
Just a look at the route page shows a complete disconnect between the maps and the route list (I think the maps are more accurate). And also spends a lot of time talking about it as the 2021 race, but also mentioning that the 2021 race was cancelled due to the death of eth Queen (no, that was 2022).

Elsewhere on the site, they seem to think the last running was in 2015 (so the one I saw last year was a mirage??)

13 rider

Guru
Good to see back up and running ,to turn it round it that time frame needs to be applauded , hopefully it will go from strength to strength from previous interviews it does appear the pros enjoy riding in Britain due to the support they get which shows there's a demand for the race from the general public

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just been looking at the website for the Men's tour, and I have to say, if the race organisation is as bad as the website, then they'll be lucky to get it started at all.

Just a look at the route page shows a complete disconnect between the maps and the route list (I think the maps are more accurate). And also spends a lot of time talking about it as the 2021 race, but also mentioning that the 2021 race was cancelled due to the death of eth Queen (no, that was 2022).

Elsewhere on the site, they seem to think the last running was in 2015 (so the one I saw last year was a mirage??)

It does look like someone has copied and pasted the '21 race route and either has little knowledge about the race or has been given duff information.

Almost looks like its a site that's in progress and shouldn't have gone live ?

Alex321

Veteran
Almost looks like its a site that's in progress and shouldn't have gone live ?

It does rather.

albion

Guru
Will there be more of this type of soggy wit?
I guess, from Sundays opening round of the national road series Saltburn.

Attachments

• IMG_20240416_133303513_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20240416_133303513_HDR~2.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 15

albion

Guru
Cutting the grass of recent will simply have churned mud.
I never went up (heading via Boosbeck for Staithes) but it did look like they had cleared the safer option footpath going up Birk Brow.
A couple of years back the weeds were pesky on one of the first short wearing days of the year.

Top Bottom