Tour of Cambridgeshire and the Gran Fondo World Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Anyone here doing the Tour of Cambridgeshire (ToC) this year? And in particular, anyone planning to go to the Gran Fondo World Championships if you qualify via the ToC?

The World Championships will be in Trentino this year (15-18 September) and the course will be a very hilly (mountainous) one - rather different to the ToC which is pretty much pan flat.

Thes are my 2 top target races this year and it would be interesting to share preparation ideas etc. with any others who are interested.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think @Oldhippy is doing it on his fully loaded cargo bike :whistle:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The World Championships will be in Trentino this year (15-18 September) and the course will be a very hilly (mountainous) one - rather different to the ToC which is pretty much pan flat.
You do know ToC isn't usually as easy as that sounds? No shelter from anything on the fens, so sun, wind and rain can all become big problems, and have in past editions. Edit: I see you've been before. As you were.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
You do know ToC isn't usually as easy as that sounds? No shelter from anything on the fens, so sun, wind and rain can all become big problems, and have in past editions. Edit: I see you've been before. As you were.

Yep done it twice. I know what you mean by the wind on the Fens - I have some great pictures of us in echelons in the 2019 ride.

Sun is ok as I seem to thrive in hot temperature.

Datum2

Über Member
20230604_083012.jpg

Bring on the ToC

Top Bottom