Tour of Poland - Anyone watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Watching the Tour of Poland at the moment. Very enjoyable event and wonderful commentary from Duffers and co, good racing and fascinating insight into this beautiful country.. Has been won in previous previous years by Stefan Schumacher and Kim Kirchen.
Never forget the Police car incident in last years race. Police car parked sideways across road with peleton approaching fast. An all mighty pile up was narrowly avoided and poor old Duffers nearly had a heart attack.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have found, with a couple of exceptions that the tour of Poland is more exciting, after only three days, than most of the Vuelta, with the L'Angliru the being one of the exceptions. I know that Duffer's comentry isn't to everyones taste, but I still like him.

trio25

Über Member
yes i saw yesterdays stage and that was it. they mentioned a riders strike, what happened?

primalcarl

To be honest I wasn't that excited by the racing, but to be fair it was very wet and miserable and seeing the riders at the finish with a mud bath on their faces was hilarious!

That stage where the riders protested was fantastic. Utter chaos and I thought Duffers & Carlton were quite enjoyable as commentators

Speicher

Vice Admiral
trio25 said:
yes i saw yesterdays stage and that was it. they mentioned a riders strike, what happened?

The Peloton had riden through atrocious weather, see above comment about their muddy faces. The Peloton was then expected to do eight circuits of the town. The road conditions were terrrible, so the peloton went on a "go slow". They proceeded as a large bunch with about eight riders abreast of each other at the front. This slowly became one rider from most of the teams, with the rest following closely behind.

The cyclist who had been in a solo breakaway continued on his own for some time, but was spoken to by the Leader of the race at that time.
As Duffers said, the lone rider probably did not want his breakfast poured over his head the next day, so he rejoined the Peloton.

With one circuit to go, the peloton stopped, but I cannot deffinately remember if it was the riders' decision to stop or the Race Commissars, I think it was the riders.

As Primalcarl says, Duffers and Carlton were enjoyable as commentators.

Top Bottom