Tour of Poland *spolier*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Looks like it's a chance for Flying Monkey's blue-eyed boy, Mr Boassen Hagen to get a win.

Looking at the start list I don't recognise the names of many of the riders listed. :smile:

P.S. I know.......

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That would be nice. He's keeping his head down at the moment though. Stage 1 went to Bozic of the Danish team, Vacansoleil, who will also be riding the Vuelta. I think. Everyone was assuming that the sprints would be Griepel or Brown or Haedo, so maybe things will be rather more unpredictable... Ian Stannard's riding for ISD in this one, the only Brit, I think...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, despite being rather unsuccessful in the indvidual sprint finishes, Greipel had been in yellow until yesterday, when he was relegated for pulling Alan Davies's shirt! In any case, Boassen Hagen took the stage after being too strong a lead-out for Greipel and is not poised perhaps, as Noodley suggested, to take the race...

Flying_Monkey said:
Well, despite being rather unsuccessful in the indvidual sprint finishes, Greipel had been in yellow until yesterday, when he was relegated for pulling Alan Davies's shirt!

Is that what happened? Looked to me like Greipel tried to elbox Alan Davies in the head!

Good win from a late break for Ballan today - hope he is on his way back to full strength and can 'honour' the rainbow jersey with some bigger wins towards the tale end of the season.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, BH took third in the end, but won two stages, however it was the first win of the season for Ballan, who had so far been suffering the usual Curse of the Rainbow Jersey... Norway are actually going to be in with a shout in the Championships this year as it happens with nine riders for the first time ever, led by BH and Thor Hushovd, who I think are resposible for all their PT points this season (Arvesen has not won anything yet, I don't think).

Will1985

Über Member
On the rise maybe, but note that only 2 riders managed to score any points. They only have 4 riders in the ProTour and ProContinental ranks. Same can be said for Luxembourg - no credible support other than the two Schlecks and Kirchen.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well BH is being strongly linked to a move to Team Sky (along with Thomas Lovkvist)- and he has just announced that he won't be with Columbia next season.

Top Bottom