Tour of the Basque country - SPOILER

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lovely countryside on Eurosport and some pretty decent racing too. How the f*ck Valverde is still racing beggars belief though!:laugh:

UCI get a bleedin' move on!

Keith Oates

Janner
I hope that the UCI will actually hit him hard when the time comes. I'm sure they would like to nail him now but they have to follow the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Stange said:
I just watched the end, first time we've seen Wiggins all year......

I'm not sure what Wiggin's strategy is here. He allowed them to get 1 minute plus on the stage 1 and then tried to time trial the last bit if stage 2. I would have thought he'd had a good chance at the overall if he'd wanted to.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Speicher said:
Did anyone else watch the highlights on Eurosport? Did you notice the comments when he (David) obviously thought the adverts were showing and we could not hear what he said? ;)
What did he say?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
IIRC he said something along the lines of "club riders, they really have no idea". I think they had been discussing descending techniques.

There had been a silence just before this, and some loud shuffling of papers etc. Magnus Backstedt was silent. Then it went to a commercial break.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
TBH - Magnus deserves a medal for having to sit alongside Dave and Carlton and listen to their poorly researched drivel and tortured foreign language pronunciations

theboytaylor

Just finished watching the highlights of today's stage. Rodriguez managed to solo away after Harmon put the "commentators curse" on Txurruka.

F me, did you see that last but one climb, the Aya was it:ohmy:? Jaysus. That looked an absolute killer.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
philipbh said:
TBH - Magnus deserves a medal for having to sit alongside Dave and Carlton and listen to their poorly researched drivel and tortured foreign language pronunciations

I agree. Magnus seems a master of diplomacy, and could carry on regardless when Carlton could not speak.

Top Bottom