Scotland : Kingdom of Fife Tour of the Kingdom (Fife) Sunday 9 June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Two route options, starting from Dunfermline's Pittencrieff Park and using some of the roads used in the UCI World Championships last year. The event is open to recumbent bikes and e-bikes. Entry £30

Full Route - 147 km/92 miles - (Climbing - 1437 m / 4713 ft) Start time: 7:00am

Challenge Route - 95km - 58 Miles - (Climbing - 913 m / 2992 ft) - Start time: 7:30am

More details and entry via https://www.dunfermlinecc.com/sportive

Slick

Guru
Two route options, starting from Dunfermline's Pittencrieff Park and using some of the roads used in the UCI World Championships last year. The event is open to recumbent bikes and e-bikes. Entry £30

Full Route - 147 km/92 miles - (Climbing - 1437 m / 4713 ft) Start time: 7:00am

Challenge Route - 95km - 58 Miles - (Climbing - 913 m / 2992 ft) - Start time: 7:30am

More details and entry via https://www.dunfermlinecc.com/sportive

Aye, might be just the thing. :okay:

D

Deleted member 130133

What are the times set for the two routes? I saw them somewhere, but can't find them now.

Slick

Guru
What are the times set for the two routes? I saw them somewhere, but can't find them now.

Screenshot_20240530-205221_Chrome.jpg

Loads of time for a gentle pootle. :okay:

Slick

Guru
Sake, fail to prepare and prepare to fail right enough.

Works been mental since I got back from holiday so I haven't been on the bike since returning from the Netherlands tour. My brother started sending me pictures of his pristine machine ready to go for tomorrow so I thought I'd better check mine as well.

Back brake was really spongy, so I checked the pads and gave them a quick clean and was horrified when I realised that I now had zero rear brake.

I haven't done it in ages, but I pulled out the bleed kit and despite almost no air coming through, the brake is now solid and working well.

The thing about doing your own mechanics is, I'll be wondering if I done that nut up correctly as I'm hurtling down the descent at 45 mph.:eek:

Bike poorly prepared, rider even more so but I'm still looking forward to this even if it does mean a 4am start. :crazy:

Slick

Guru
In the words of Harvey Price, what a day.

Fantastic route with fantastic scenery. As a dyed in the wool West coaster, this is an area I've really only ventured into for work or golf, but it was first class today. Maybe a bit cruel with the last climb at the 50 mile mark, but I did get over it....eventually.

I spoke with the team at the finish line, who like everyone else, were brilliant. I told them that I couldn't leave without thanking the volunteers they had across the route, at every roundabout and junction, with a special mention to the lady at the feed station pointing out the pothole and lose gravel as you turn in, and the guy doing the same at the base of the climb who was still there on the downhill stopping traffic to give us priority. First class every one of them. :hugs:

Top Bottom