Tour Of The North 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I walked up to Stormont with my wife to watch the prologue - your camera panned right past us as we were sat at Carsons statue! I have never been colder at a sporting event than I was that night. Kudos to the lads who were still going out after sunset!

I cannot believe there was no road closures for the time trial - your footage shows so many cars were filtering around the riders, I am suprised there were no accidents.

Sorry it took so long to reply - I didn't notice the post until today!

OP
OP
S

speedkingsox

Yeah, Was flippin cold alright, tho that was not the reason for the short prologue footage.... had, er.... battery malfunction!!!!! haha

As a seasoned TT'er myself, its pretty frightening out there on the road, I rode the ToN last year and the TT started at the Groomsport round-about out to Donaghdee with a 'dead turn' in the road and back to Bangor where this years finished, steaming at 30 mph + towards the Groomsport Round-about i had a rider do a u-turn in front of me!!!!! had to let out a gulder for sure hehe.

Sox
Team Madigan

Good stuff, though the open road TT looked quite frightening. Don't they allow a following car to help keep the traffic off?

Top Bottom