Tour Ride Wales 21st August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alistair TR

Lots of news about the various Tour Rides coming out which is all very exciting. I've had a lot of questions about the transfer system in Wales, seeing as it is a linear route. Well the details will be posted up here Tour Rides hopefully this week, however here it is for you all in advance :rolleyes: .......any questions, just ask away.

Transfer Options - Wales

Option 1 (for Pro Tour riders) Price £20.00

Transfer service for riders and bike from Caerphilly to Welshpool on

Saturday 20[sup]th[/sup] August

Transfer Duration 2hr 45 mins (approx)

Option 2 (for Pro Tour riders) Price £10.00

Transfer service for riders only from Caerphilly to Welshpool on

Option 3 (for Challenge Tour riders) Price £ 15.00

Transfer service for riders and bikes from Caerphilly to Builth Wells on

Transfer Duration 1hr 30 mins (approx)

Option 4 (for Challenge Tour riders) Price £ 7.50

Transfer service for riders only from Caerphilly to Builth Wells on

Option 5 (for Pro Tour riders) Price £20.00

Transfer service for riders and bikes from Caerphilly to Welshpool on

Sunday 21st August

Option 6 (for Challenge Tour riders) Price £15.00

Sunday 21st August

Cheerio for now
Alistair

OP
OP
Alistair TR

Alistair TR

Subject: Transfer Details, Maps, Routes and gpx

Hi All,
Loads of details have now been posted about all of the Tour Rides, please feel free to ask any questions here.

I’m riding the Pro Ride in Wales and all the info for the two rides in Wales can be found here:

Pro Ride
http://www.tourride.co.uk/wales-pro-ride.asp

and
Challenge Ride
http://www.tourride.co.uk/wales-challenge-ride.asp

As well as the route/map you can check out the transfer details and download a gpx file for whatever gadget you use.

It's been great to catch up with so many of you during the Tour Series and I'm looking forward to riding the Pro Ride in Wales with as many of you that can make it :rolleyes:
Cheerio for now
Alistair

OP
OP
Alistair TR

Alistair TR

Here we go then, the Grand Depart this Saturday of the TdF! How about signing up for a leg of our ToB? One of the most challenging stages will be stage 4, Welshpool to Caerphilly on 14[sup]th[/sup] September, why not ride it before the Pro’s do, full details here: http://www.tourride.co.uk/wales.asp maps, gpx and full details are on the website.

It’s a brilliant linear route, a real tour stage and helpfully, transfers can be booked if you need them. See you there!

Alistair

OP
OP
Alistair TR

Alistair TR

Hi All,

Link to a really useful training guide for sportive or challenge rides here
http://gb.zinio.com/reader.jsp?issue=416175624&o=ext

Thought you might like to know the registration closing dates for the various Tour Rides:

Location Event Date Registration Closes

East Anglia 24th July 10th July
Wales 21st August 7th August
Scotland 4th September 21st August
London 18th September 7th September
Stoke-on-Trent 25th September 11th September

Happy Biking!
Alistair
P.S. Just heard that some of the Endura Team will be riding the Tour Ride in East Anglia!

OP
OP
Alistair TR

Alistair TR

Last year I was fortunate enough to be offered the chance to ride in one of the commissaire cars with my son, following the Tour of Britain from Tavistock to Glastonbury. It gave me insight into road racing that up until then I could only have guessed at. It was a brilliant day!

Well I’ve just been sent the following offer, so if you are about to sign up for a Tour Ride make sure that you enter the code at the end…..best of luck! Alistair

Win 2 tickets in a race car

Register before 7th August 2011 and win 2 tickets for a place in a race car on a professional stage of The Tour of Britain. This money can't buy prize includes hospitality at the start and finish lines plus an up close and personal experience of the race!

All you need to do is sign-up for a Tour Ride of your choice (except East Anglia) and enter the code below during registration.
TR11UEALL

OP
OP
Alistair TR

Alistair TR

Congratulations to all those who rode the Tour Ride in East Anglia on Sunday, the day was made by the arrival of summer!! :biggrin:

For those that took part, if you get time it would be great to get some feedback - good and bad, so please feel free to post your comments here and we’ll pass on your thoughts to the event organisation team that put the rides on for The Prostate Cancer Charity.

I know that a lot of massive personal achievements were clocked up on Sunday, so well done to all on your new PB distances!!

Cheerio

Alistair

OP
OP
Alistair TR

Alistair TR

I have signed up to do Builth To the Challenge Ride (100Km)

Nice one Angelfish :biggrin:

Hi All,

Here’s a rallying cry for Welsh cyclists! – Dame Shirley Bassey says “On your bike!”

Welsh singer Dame Shirley Bassey has thrown her support behind The Prostate Cancer Charity’s Tour Ride in Wales this month (21[sup]st[/sup] August). The cycling event offers people the chance to ride an official stage of the Tour of Britain whilst raising funds to fight the most common cancer in men in the UK. Bassey said: “I think it’s a wonderful idea that my beloved South Wales valleys should be the backdrop for this amazing Tour Ride www.tourride.co.uk and would urge all fit cyclists to sign up, although I don’t envy you on the challenging hill climbs! The Prostate Cancer Charity is a great cause; I’m delighted to be supporting it.”

http://itvwalesblog.com/2011/08/01/dame-shirley-bassey-says-on-your-bike-for-charity-cycle/

Alistair

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Nice one Angelfish :biggrin:

Hi All,

Here’s a rallying cry for Welsh cyclists! – Dame Shirley Bassey says “On your bike!”

Welsh singer Dame Shirley Bassey has thrown her support behind The Prostate Cancer Charity’s Tour Ride in Wales this month (21[sup]st[/sup] August). The cycling event offers people the chance to ride an official stage of the Tour of Britain whilst raising funds to fight the most common cancer in men in the UK. Bassey said: “I think it’s a wonderful idea that my beloved South Wales valleys should be the backdrop for this amazing Tour Ride www.tourride.co.uk and would urge all fit cyclists to sign up, although I don’t envy you on the challenging hill climbs! The Prostate Cancer Charity is a great cause; I’m delighted to be supporting it.”

http://itvwalesblog....-charity-cycle/

Alistair

Cheers Alistair

OP
OP
Alistair TR

Alistair TR

HI All,

Just a bit of info for you all.

You can still sign up online until midnight Sunday 14th for the Tour Ride in Wales and after that you can sign up on the day, but it really is much quicker online!

Best of luck to all those that have already signed up and fingers crossed for good weather – not long now!

http://www.tourride.co.uk/wales.asp

Alistair

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
HI All,

Just a bit of info for you all.

You can still sign up online until midnight Sunday 14th for the Tour Ride in Wales and after that you can sign up on the day, but it really is much quicker online!

Best of luck to all those that have already signed up and fingers crossed for good weather – not long now!

http://www.tourride.co.uk/wales.asp

Alistair

I am getting quiote excited TBH. Is it a mass start or a turn up and ride?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Lots of news about the various Tour Rides coming out which is all very exciting. I've had a lot of questions about the transfer system in Wales, seeing as it is a linear route. Well the details will be posted up here Tour Rides hopefully this week, however here it is for you all in advance :rolleyes: .......any questions, just ask away.

Transfer Options - Wales

Option 1 (for Pro Tour riders) Price £20.00

Transfer service for riders and bike from Caerphilly to Welshpool on

Option 2 (for Pro Tour riders) Price £10.00

Transfer service for riders only from Caerphilly to Welshpool on

Option 3 (for Challenge Tour riders) Price £ 15.00

Option 4 (for Challenge Tour riders) Price £ 7.50

Transfer service for riders only from Caerphilly to Builth Wells on

Option 5 (for Pro Tour riders) Price £20.00

Transfer service for riders and bikes from Caerphilly to Welshpool on

Sunday 21st August

Option 6 (for Challenge Tour riders) Price £15.00

Sunday 21st August

Cheerio for now
Alistair

The only downer was Edwards Coaches. They were commissioned to take us and our bikes back to Buith Wells or Welshpool. This is how it was done - See photo. Eventually one of the volunteers bough some straps and they were secured by a RIDER who did this for a living! The van had nothing at all in it not even some cardboard to prevent frame rub. We each paid a minimum of £15 for this privileged.. The driver stated he didn't know they would be expensive bikes and thought they were MTB's. I and several others got rather miffed at this point. He then said well I thought they would be cheep bikes. So it is OK to damaged cheep bikes!!! To top it all he didn't know how to secure the tail lift to the back of the van!!!

Top Bottom