Tower Bridge closing / opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have been caught by Tower Bridge opening twice this week on my way home. Anyone else been caught in this melee?

When the gates reopen it's absolute madness with about 50 cycles all jostling to get away quickly.

The impatience of some people astounds me, I was trapped behind a slower cyclist who in turn was trapped behind a number of others in front. I was quite prepared to freewheel down the hill to the end of the bridge where the road opens out where we can all find our correct place in the speed pecking order. But I was constantly jostled by other cyclists desperate to overtake through gaps that didnt exist.

Not only are they endangering themselves they are endangering fellow cyclist too.

Tynan

Veteran
That bridge is always dodgy init? tourists and too narrow?

theme lately the cyclists either shoving their way to the front or slow bumblers putting themselves into a starting position where they're immediately a problem to almost everything else pulling away from the stop line

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the answer is in your own hands - take a run-up from the Shaftesbury Estate, down Latchmere Road, then by way of the Wandsworth Bridge roundabout and Trinity Road, return briefly to Latchmere road, accellerate to 62mph precisely and jump!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=y_CG4GA2pqc

(fans of the Spice Girls, and there are very many on CC, will relish this hommage to Brannigan. Those of you puzzled by Posh's behaviour might be interested to read that it's called 'acting'.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YWvuYV-nEI
)

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
slow bumblers putting themselves into a starting position where they're immediately a problem to almost everything else pulling away from the stop line

I think that is a major cause of the problems.

If you know you are slow then please hang back a bit.

If when you get to the traffic lights you notice that everyone waiting has already overtaken you please dont push to the front of the lights thereby forcing everyone to overtake you again!

Top Bottom