Track my Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_m

Guru
Morning, hope you are all well and enjoying the warm weather.

I used to use the app "Track my Tour" where you set start and end points, ad photos etc. I went to set up a new map for this Saturdays 3week trip and it says you have to pay for it now if you want to use more than 2 maps!!

Has anyone got a good alternative, or has Strava taken over from this old app which I first used in 2012. Thanks

Morning, hope you are all well and enjoying the warm weather.

I used to use the app "Track my Tour" where you set start and end points, ad photos etc. I went to set up a new map for this Saturdays 3week trip and it says you have to pay for it now if you want to use more than 2 maps!!

Has anyone got a good alternative, or has Strava taken over from this old app which I first used in 2012. Thanks

There are a load of alternatives out there depending on your needs. Find Penguins, Polar Steps are two apps not specifically bike oriented. Relive is a bike one. Then there's the "big boys" like Strava, RWGPS and Komoot.
Best advice is probably to play around with them and see which suits you best.

I do know that on a Strava free sub I can record a day's ride, add photos (and videos, I think) and comments and share. A free sub is enough for someone to follow along. I believe it's the same with RWGPS but Komoot isn't free. Putting it all together for a day's ride is very straightforward, even if taking photos from something other than your phone - so long as you have Internet access.

If it's a map you're after (and just a map), I highly recommend Cycle.Travel . Store routes (or completed rides - it will import gpx files) in a single folder and they can be displayed on a map like this.
Screenshot 2023-06-13 09.19.28.png

I think you may need to be a subscriber/donor if you go beyond 20 files in a folder.

Other alternatives could be Google Maps or even Google Photos.

It really depends on what you want it for.

Of course, there's always https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/member-travelogues.46/ ^_^

Have a great trip!

Sallar55

Veteran
Just use strava and add photos, better than lots of pic on the phones album or Google . You know where the pic was taken by looking at your strava activity page.

Sallar55

Veteran
If you have location tag on for photos you can have this, now I just use Strava as i have location off now.

Screenshot_20230613-095553.png

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
ok thanks. i use strava all the time and garmin connect, I was just looking for something simple which is open to the public i guess, for my blog. I think i have my strava locked down so "non friends" cant see my stuff.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On Rwgps you can keep ride permissions set to private and share them via a link (or put them in a Collection and share that via a link), so that they are only visible via the link. Maybe Strava has similar?

However I'm a premium subscriber and I don't know if that's a premium feature or not. It's not something I use often. I'm not a caring sharing kinda guy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom