trail shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
if you're looking for studs or spikes then I've no idea but the Fiveten range get huge reviews in the US:-

http://www.fiveten.com/

I have the Impact low as my cycling shoes and can vouch for the grippiness of the sole.

There's a wide selection here but I've no experience of any of them. I have the same problem on muddy up/down slopes. I tend to hit my foot into raised sections or firm bits, almost hopping across the path sometimes. Never found an answer to this as if it's really deep you slide anyway and clay clogs the grips as does wet muddy sand.

dodgy

I've got a pair of Nike Pegasus +25 trail running shoes, they're goretex, too. Great for running in bad weather, splashing through mud and puddles and your feet still stay pretty dry apart from around the ankles. Good grip, a bit heavy though.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Most of my running is done on trails, I use to use inov-8 which seem to be the trendy / popular shoe atm. Personally I like my brooks cascadia, designed by a fella that run america, they're also good on roads aswell. Get thee to a proper running shop!

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Which ones, I tried some and I like new balance that being one of the reasons but they only had the D width and I need 2E

ASC1951

Guru
The Jogger said:
I like new balance .... but they only had the D width and I need 2E
I have wide-ish feet too, Jogger, and I find Saucony fit me well. Better made than New Balance in my experience and with indestructible soles.

If I was running fully off-road I would go for something with a moulded footbed. All road and most trail shoes have a flat footbed which lets your foot move sideways too easily.

This place always has some screaming bargains and luckily they are only a few miles away from me. http://www.sportsshoes.com/ They do do mail order but that's not ideal for shoes.

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
i cannot remember which model innov8 but found them tight.
i bought my shoes from sportshoes which is why i went with NB i have had 3 pair and all good i went half size larger to allow for thicker winter shoes and gortex socks

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
salomon shoes never look well built enough for me, yet to be convinced but if someone wants to send me a pair i will try them over the winter ;).
running shoes built by running shoe companies thats for me

Top Bottom