Train delay/Covid question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Been wondering.

You can of course get compensation, even up to 100 per cent (for 1 hour delay I think) for delayed trains.

If you book on a timed train and it then gets cancelled with a reason given as covid staff shortages, on many routes you are then going to be an hour late unless the next train bolts on a jet engine.

Can you still get the payment or is there a Covid cop-out for them?

May be travelling with Avanti West Coast soon and after their deception last christmas when they cheated me out of a payback when I did the responsible thing by not travelling (the government announced that there would be refunds for folk doing the right thing) I would have no moral doubts whatsoever about pushing for my refund.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I would have thought staff shortages they just have to take the financial hit on. Unless HMG says don't run the trains, surely it's part of the franchise risk?
When booking I'd check their web site and if no mention of no compensation for Covid delays, book the tickets and take a screenshot of their T&C's at the time.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
ta folks - clearly a good idea to get my things in a line first.
I did a while ago get my entire fare back for a trip with london northwestern. (no covid issue)
Their online refund form is very easy and they make the payment straight back to paypal or whatever - none of that voucher sheet.
But they did initially refuse the refund with no reason given.
Just trying it on I reckon for I then appealed (took no time) and they then rolled over and paid up pronto.

Top Bottom