Transport a bike to Denmark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icebergx

Hi all,
I'm moving to Denmark in Jan and will need to transport my bike over there.
Can anyone suggest a method to send it over. speed of delivery isn't very important, even if it takes a week or two, but I need it to be as cheap as possible.
Does anyone have any experience of doing this?
Will I have to disassemble and reassemble the bike in order to make it more "transportable"?

Thanks.

02GF74

Über Member
howe are you yourself getting over to denmark? if car, then put it in the back. I have flown my bike to quite a few far away places, needs to be dismantled and boxed, sometimes you need to pay extra.

then there is the post office - I hjave posted and receid bikes vvia couriers and parcelforce - again needs to be boxed - can't see why it cannot go abroad.

what ois the bike worth? if cheap, then it may cost more to post hence just buy bike in denmark.

you need to take off both wheels and loosened stem or better remove stem and bars altogehter, place alongise frame.

also remove rear derailoleur as it is exposed and can be damaged.

removal of RH crank is optional

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
You're flying on easyjet?
It'll cost you £18:50 booked in advance, bike should be in a box or bag, pedals off and bars turned round.
It's not exactly tricky to find the info on Easyjet's site, you know...
Clicky

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
You're welcome.
Best bet for protection is to go and scrounge a bike box from the local bike shop - they'll probably be glad to get shot of one rather than skip it.

Top Bottom