Transporting a bike on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Does any one make a bike trailer that will take a bike (preferably two) ? Most trailers are under 3 ft long so too short without taking both wheels off.

Do you actually need a trailer?
Assuming you have some sort of rear rack how about just lashing the front wheels to it, or depending on how it lines up removing the front wheel and lashing the fork to it (maybe one either side?). Just have the rear wheel of the carried bike(s) trailing along as you would with a trailer

Found a picture of what I was trying to describe. Its using an xtracycle but can't see why it wouldn't work.

img_0106.jpg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've seen a picture somewhere of a guy who had welded, or otherwise attached, an old front hub and QR assembly to his rear rack. The forks of the bike to be towed then fit into the hub on the rack. I can't work out where the extra wheel went though, lashed to the trailing bike somehow I guess.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Or, using something like a Carry Freedom trailer, perhaps it would be possible to attach a car roof type bike carrier (one of those two-bike jobs) to the platform. The rails on the carrier would extend a bit beyond the trailer to support the wheels.

HelenD123

Guru
I don't know quite how he managed it, but Spandex transported my Galaxy in a Bob trailer. I think he only had to take the front wheel out.

mark barker

You could use a trailgator... I've used mine a few times with no-one on the bike and never had a problem.

Top Bottom