transporting a recumbent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
How wide is the Micra? I'd be wary about having too much sticking out either side - you might remember before you try to get through a narrow gap, but others might not notice.

Is it under or over seat steering? I'd assume an OSS bike might work on any standard rack, but an USS is a bit wider...

If you can reach, then it might be better to carry it on the roof, either lying down on it's side (I know a couple who carry their tandem that way) or upright, if you can get it to fit on the standard roof carriers. That is a problem if you're short though, getting it up and down.

stevew

I would have thought that a Giro would fit on a standard two prong type of rack with very little sticking out. Maybe one prong under the back of the seat where the seat stays join and the boom resting on top of the other prong. Only problem may be that the CG is above the prongs and the bike will want to flop over !! Don't think so though. Best to try it on someone else' rack first.

bottlemsher

Über Member
we transport our bike like this.
On the bike rack the bikes only stick out a little bit more than the wing mirrors and we use a bit of Hiviz attached to the chain wheel to aid vision

DSCF3052-1.jpg

Top Bottom