Tredz - delayed payment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upandover

Guru
Hi,

I'm wondering whether this could simply be a delayed payment, or whether Tredz have lied to me.

I order a new light from Tredz on the 29th, and then on the 31st, having not heard anything from them, and having found a better deal on ebay, called up to cancel.

They said that the item had been dispatched, Fair enough, not a problem. It's not yet arrived though (again not a problem), but checking my bank for something else just now, I noticed that the money only came out on Monday.

I can't imagine any site would dispatch without taking payment, so my question is; is it possible that the payment was simply delayed in coming through (they don't seem to be normally), or it is more likely that they simply lied to me when I spoke to them.

I don't mind continuing with the order, I do mind of they deceived me. Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

yello

Depends on how the payment was processed but, yes, it can take a couple of days to hit your account.

But I think you answer your own concern...

upandover said:
I don't mind continuing with the order

...give them the benefit of the doubt at least. Why give yourself worry over a transaction that you're ultimately happy with? It's only yourself that you're upsetting. If you're really miffed, chalk it up to experience and don't use them again.

OP
OP
upandover

upandover

Guru
Thanks. Absolutely, I'm happy with the order, and wasn't intending to do anything like complaining, just checking the possibility for my own future reference. I guess in common with most people, I don't like feeling of being treated dishonestly.

Steve

e-rider

crappy member
The payment could easily be delayed over the weekend. My guess is that when you called them on Friday 31st they rushed the payment through, and that's why it showed up on Monday. Although, they might have processed the order on Friday before you called (did you call in the morning?) - you will never know for sure.

My advice is: check all internet sites for the best price before ordering and once you've placed the order that's it, done. You can always return the item when it arrives but you will almost certainly have to pay postage.

And... if you are not happy (for whatever reason) shop elsewhere in the future. There is a huge choice of websites selling bike stuff, and many are discussed on these pages.

Most people seem to think Wiggle.co.uk and Chainreactioncycles.com are fairly good.

my step dad had a Giant from Tredz and the box came from TNT it was battered, when removed the bar tape was ripped the gears was STI and not set up properly but he got in contact with them and they gave him some parts and even repaid the 30 quid Halfords charged him for the gears.

OP
OP
upandover

upandover

Guru
Thanks Guys. I do tend to check prices (obsessively) and wouldn't normally cancel. Simply that I saw a twinset deal that wasn't up before, and persuaded myself.

Not a problem at all - simply wondering as I say, to avoid feeling lied to. I'm sure I wasn't and wouldn't want to denigrate the tredz name. In retrospect, it would have been better to avoid using the name altogether.

Cheers
Steve

Top Bottom