Trek 1.7 any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
jimboalee said:
You must have a young Dad.

no, he took fishing up late :laugh:

weepiglet

FFFF, I Just bought a Trek 1.9 this afternoon. The LBS did it for £1000....mega deal if you ask me. Delivery 22nd April....WHOOP WHOOP!!

They also have deals on the 1.7 and 1.5 if you're interested. The 1.7 (105 set) was in Red and White and they had it for £844.99 which is also a fab deal.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
weepiglet said:
FFFF, I Just bought a Trek 1.9 this afternoon. The LBS did it for £1000....mega deal if you ask me. Delivery 22nd April....WHOOP WHOOP!!

They also have deals on the 1.7 and 1.5 if you're interested. The 1.7 (105 set) was in Red and White and they had it for £844.99 which is also a fab deal.

Wha-hey!
Sounds good, it's hard to go wrong with Trek.
Full write-up required after a short test period!

Not much haggling involved to be honest, it had 10% off anyway, and then I just got it down a little bit further...

As for using it, ahem..., at the moment he is mainly used for admiring and polishing. Need to set some time aside to properly get used to drop bars etc, and at the moment most of the rides (apart from communting where I won't take him) are rather long, so I'm sticking to the old bike. Should have a bit more time soon, so will properly practice the road bike thing, so I feel confident to go out on longer rides on him - after all, that's what I got him for....;)

BrianOS

Anyone got a view on Trek 1.7 against a 1.5 - is it worth the extra money?

e-rider

crappy member
I just ordered a Trek 1.7. Looked for ages and finally decided that it would best suit my needs and was availble in a good size for me.

The 2010 model retails at £1150 due to all the price increases in the far east making the 09 model even more of a bargain. Managed to haggle mine down to £830 so very pleased.

johnnyh

Veteran
I've got a Trek 1.7 and enjoy it lots.

Although it hasn't been out much in the recent weather, instead my Carrera has been getting the abuse of the wet british summer.

Top Bottom