Trek heavyweight winter gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Bear in mind two things....it grips me to pay more than £30 for a pair of gloves...and i always suffer terribly from cold hands (and toes) really quickly.
I guess my search for decent gloves is limited by my tightwaddishness :biggrin:

So, Evans, Trek heavyweights, on offer for £20.
Promptly delivered, no problems there.
This mornings my first frosty commute. I usually wear some Chibas that cost IRO £25 three years ago. Flaming useless things. If i dont extend my commute, its only a quick 15 minute ride...and in that time the chibas will let my fingers go red and numb. Useless.

Must be about 0 degrees this morning, did a 40 minute extended commute...yes my fingers were starting to get cold, but nowhere as near as usual.
Tonight, maybe 3 or 4 degrees, 8 mile ride perhaps...hands were lovely.

The gloves themselves...
From fingertips to base of the wrist my hands measure 8 inches, so i chose XL with an overall glove length of eleven inches. They're snug. Could perhaps have done with XXL to get some liners in comfortably. I'll still get liners in the XL, but maybe a little tight.
They look well made, the linings lovely and soft, sadly not stitched into the glove, but just a little care and your hands come out without pulling the inner out of place.
Palms are rubbery texture and give good grip, but they're a little lacking in the gel or padding department, i found the balls of my thumbs very very slightly uncomfortable after a while on the hoods. Not too bad, but...

I dont know what waterproofing properties they have (if any)

Overall, i'm impressed for the money. Looking forward to frosty commutes. Jesus, my hands get so so cold with the Chibas i could cry sometimes. Ive sat there, hands under my armpits, wincing at the pain. At least now, if these double the time i can be comfortable..i'm on a winner.

I suspect if you dont suffer in the way i do, you'd find these gloves excellent.

Top Bottom